Where to Find Adult Hen in Southern CA

Winziggle

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2023
My hen's partner died recently and need to find a couple of adult hens. Any idea where?
And is it safe to have them mailed? I would think that would be horrible.
Thanks for your help.

My hen's partner died recently and need to find a couple of adult hens. Any idea where?
Thanks for your help.
I would try asking in your state's thread here.

Otherwise, I've had luck buying/selling in the poultry groups on Facebook that are for my state or area.

Thanks for your help.
https://www.backyardchickies.com/

They arein San Diego. I've never purchased from there but have texted with the owner a few times. She's responsive and has baby chicks to pullets. Not sure where in SoCal you are but you can pick up or ship (would be a short ride).
Could you send me her number? It needs to be similar in age to the hen I have. Thanks for your response!

Check also farm pages near you. You may find a place that would sell you a couple of older hens.

Your county likely has a 4-H office (usually connected with the county Agricultural extension office). They may also be able to help you - done 4-H kids show chickens at fair, but they may know someone who would sell an older hen.

Back
Top Bottom