BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Well, I have 30+ (extras jic!) centers done in an Off-white colour. It will have a nice varigaited (sp?) colour called Beechwood (off-white, lite grey, tan and rust) around it in bullion stitches (OMG! How fun have they been to do!
wink.png
) w/ a touch of Berry in the shape of a petal! I have 1 completely done.. Figured I'd do all the tough parts at once and the rest should be a breeze.. right?
lol.png
Turning out quite cute! Hope you all will like them!
I am planning on making a shawl w/ my squares! Can't wait!

Loves it sounds like you've been doing some serious hookin
lau.gif

Erin girl I am jelous I am still trying to get that bullion stitch down. I can get my hook through about half way and then it gets stuck, so I will go back and loosen up the stitchs and then it all falls apart. Yesterday I was sitting at the edge of the pond watch the DH and DDs fish working on that stitch, well lets just say the fish now have a nice little half of a granny square to sleep under! :thun Oh well I will get it some day. Scrambled I about fell off the chair when I read that, and DH was reading over the shoulder and said " she said WHAT!" He said "You women, Now I know why you send all your time on here, to talk about men you dream about and stuff" I am still laughing, now he rolls his eyes at me everytime he walks by!
lau.gif

Risurocket that scottish yarn sounds dreamy I will totally look forward to that.

Loves you can send you squares in close to the end of October or when ever you like. I just ask that everyone trys to have them in to me no later than Nov. 5.

I now have 35 done and am making a few extras for those who might have trouble getting done before the deadline. Well I will be on an off all day, but don't worry I will be back on later tonight for sure. Maw.

ep.gif
I hope I can keep up. My squares are going to be very simple and probably only one color, or at best a multicolored yarn, for this round of swaps.

elcunni75 - those squares sound gorgeous. and so do yours, Lovesmychicks...

I was wondering since I am going to get some yarn on my trip and make squares for everyone....how much yarn do I need for 30 squares?

I am keeping my own first one, out of boring yarn (see pics above), but I will want one from Scottish yarn too, so still need 30... (more if we get more people to sign up
ep.gif
) I don't think I will have any trouble finding a yarn store while I am over there. I can't buy a ton, but if there is a majority vote on a color, I might be able to do that.
wink.png
Mostly I just need to know how big of a skein to get - if this was answered earlier in the thread, I missed it. Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Quote:
Nothing to be jealous over... Mine fall apart too... ALOT!
lol.png
Why else am I starting so early?
lol.png
Don't wanna be late for November!
tongue.png

I was getting frustrated w/ it last night and went back to working on my BeFri's shawl (broomstick lace, also a new stitch I'm playing with!).. then got inspired when I had seen some commercial w/ a train and thought "I think I can, I think I can.. Chuga, Chuga, CHOO! CHOO!" and did manage a couple more centers before my eyes wouldn't focus!
So this morning, after chores w/ the animals were done, I've managed to get 6 centers done to the bullion point!
Chanting works! Thanks Risurocket!

Well risurocket I would say at least 2 skiens, if not 3. But thats just a guess as I used scrap yarn for the last swap and still didn't even make a small dent in my yarn tub and the same thing happend for this swap. I have been crocheting all kinds of things this summer and still have 3 or more tubs of yarn. I might have finally got one tub half empty. But my mom call last night and said she stoped at a yard sale last saturday on her way home from work and bought a big duffle bag full of yarn so that will probley fill that half back up and then this morning my dad called and said his new wifes mom passed and she had a whole room of knitting and crocheting stuff and that he wants me to have it so that will fill my storage closet back up. I really am not making any head way with this cleaning out my yarn stash and crafts stuff. hubby is not going to be happy as he is going to have to build me a little shed that i can store all my craft crap as he calls it and I can just go out there and do my thing and have all my stuff at my finger tips. Well maybe then 3yr old and teenage chicks won't be stinging out all my yarn balls!
yippiechickie.gif

lau.gif
Good luck, I hope you get your craft poop shed!

I will do my best to find the right number of yarn balls! Oh and in case anyone was afraid to look at my link above...it's quite SFW (safe for work - home or otherwise.
wink.png
) my wedding party guys didn't get *too* crazy.

Wow, risurocket, that's a nice collection of men in kilts, I must say. If that was your wedding, it must have been lovely. I guess since I've had my guy with great legs for 46 years I'll pass on a new one, I still love to look though!
ep.gif

My squares are just the plain granny and I am using mostly a varigated yarn in fall colors. I am having to now add some lighter colors since we have a few more sign up. I have 30 done but I am sure I will have to add to that.

By the way, I got 27 squares out of 3 skeins of yarn.

I love this thread. It is the first thing I look at when I get to the computer.

Beverly

ep.gif
OMG men in skirts
ep.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

I loved the photo,, and them men have some sexy legs now
big_smile.png
risurocket
Hey do ya think you can find the yarn in plaid
smile.png
big_smile.png
lol.png
gig.gif
Well I thought it was funny
big_smile.png

Maw I sure don't envey you and the yarn poop shed. I'm in enough hot water ( and not even a working Hot tub to sit in ) Dang
gig.gif
Dh is tired of my recycling piling up before I can get it taken to the center. Maybe I better recrute my mother to help deliver some and get it out of the barn. Or he may stick me and my computer out there soon.
th.gif
I would be closer to my horses that way
love.gif

Hey Maw, if ya run out of room in your yarn poop shed move in with me at the barn
frow.gif
yippiechickie.gif
gig.gif

Then we can hook together
gig.gif
gig.gif
Oh my DH doesn't know I'm a hooker oh BOY
ep.gif
lau.gif

Opps sorry I didn't count I'll do that and get back with numbers
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
ROTFL!!!!!! Awesome wedding!!!! Very cool!!!! Loved the kilts and the nice man legs!!
tongue.png
Cracks me up thinking of their underoos flapping in the breeze!!!!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
Maw, tell that husband of yours we are a perfectly harmless bunch of women just innocently (
wink.png
) looking at those men in kilts.......until the wind blows!!!!
gig.gif
...and then all bets are off, lol!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

SOOOOO funny!!!! I love you guys, crack me up!!!! Buncha crazy hookers!!!!
hugs.gif
gig.gif

ya.gif
woot.gif
I got my count I have 3 done and 29 more started that need finishing
ya.gif
woot.gif
I will double check the sizes but won't take me long to finish them.. Wow I knew all those practice squares would come in handy. And that's not counting what a friend gave me her mother in law had done... I'll go through those later..
tongue.png

Now how many do we need??? 29 or 30 I lost count
hu.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom