BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does sound like a great idea, Wegotchickens. And I am probably speaking too soon, but I THINK I GOT IT!!! Sorry, got a little excited there.
thelittlething.JPG

To be honest I am not really sure what to do next, but I thought you might like to see that I am really not giving up.
wink.png
and I am going to seek out the first person with a crochet hook on the plane!

Here's another pic of more progress(?) to see if I am on the right track. This wouldn't show up in my PM so, sorry everyone gets to see it.
wink.png

littlething2.JPG

risurocket looks like you are on the right track to me..
big_smile.png

Not that I am any crocheting expert, but I have completed 7 or 8 projects out of the 25 or so I had started over the years.
gig.gif

Oh how lucky you are to be taking such a trip... Enjoy and just think of the wonderful yarn you can find there too. I will be looking forward to seeing some of your photos. Have a great time and a good flight there and home...
fl.gif

wee.gif
at last! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

And thanks all too for all your great encouragement. I wouldn't have been able to do any of it without all the support here. I started this project at a sort of bad time, or I probably would not have been quite so frustrated.

Thanks all for the trip well wishes! And I didn't even think of the yarn I could find...
ep.gif
I wish I could bring home requests for people.
wink.png
As it is I will have to settle for getting lots of pics for you all.
hugs.gif

If I weren't already married I would have you bring me back a fine Scottish man!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
wink.png

HUM I wonder if I could fit in your suitcase?

No they would probley have to investigate that strange crocheting movement in your bag.
lau.gif

Quote:
Aaaahhhhh.... I see! That solves the problem without turning my work. I had been turning so that my next set started out with enough room on the connecting stitch to stitch my dc's...... this way I move on to the next space and get to start out right where I should be, correct? Plus this will keep my starting point in the corner...right?

Though, won't this leave a thick area on each round? Or does it blend in well?

Man it's hard to put it into words...LOL

risurocket! Hang in there!!!
big_smile.png
You'll get it, it's looking good already! Just keep at it.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm not married. Can I have one?
fl.gif

gig.gif
...awww, I wish I could... keep an eye out for my pictures and maybe I can surprise you that way...
wink.png
If I see a particularly fine one, though I will let him know where to find you.
wink.png

If I can, I will try to get some neat yarn so people can have granny squares made out of Scottish yarn.
smile.png

Quote:
I'm not married. Can I have one?
fl.gif

OMG!!! With one of those sexy kilts on and only what God gave him underneath?!!!! whew!!!! Bring me one too and I'll just swap them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
....might even let him play the bagpipes every now and then!!! haha!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
Shanah, girl you got it goin on with the square!!! Congratulations!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Last edited:
I am rolling around laughing and also blushing at the same time (blushing for the congrats)
lau.gif
lau.gif

I am envisioning a much bigger suitcase!
This is the best I can do for now, girls. It's the men who were in my wedding party. The one in brown in the middle is my DH.

http://risurocket.freaksign.org/gallery/album04/kiltmen

Sorry for the link, but the pic is for your eyes only, so I am hiding it in a link.
wink.png
gig.gif

Hope everyone has a great day! Happy crocheting! and I can say that with a sincere smile now!
big_smile.png

hugs.gif

Good morning ladies! How is every one doing on the granny's? How many does eveyone have done? My granny's are going to be a scrap bag bonanza in color. Mostly white, light mint green and dusty rose is what I have but I do have a red/orange/yellow/ pink swirl from red heart left too. Maybe I will use that instead. what colors are you all using? Do tell, sharing is good! What do you all plann to do with the granny's you get back , afghans, tote bags, what do you plan to do? I have 14 done so far how many do you all have? I have figured out that it takes me about 35 minutes to do one start to finish in the regular granny stitch. What day do we need to ship them back in to Maw? Trudy
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
( I love that smiley!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom