BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I'm having a hard time keeping up with this thread. Every time I get on here, three or four more pages have been added.

I've been busy with one of my sister's visiting this past week. She recently had a stroke and it's just not the same anymore. We have always been close but there is a part of her "essence" missing since the stroke. I can't explain it but it makes me sad. But I am glad she was able to spend time here with me.

Maw, I put the squares in the mail to you yesterday. I will send the return postage separately because I closed and wrapped the package then realized I had not included the return postage. Is it ok if I send a check? If not, let me know.

Karan, It's a coincidence, but I just went to a local nursery and purchased two of the chinese pepper plants for another sister. I had never seen that kind of pepper plant but I found them pretty easily. They are really pretty and unique. I found some wild pepper plants from my grandparent's homestead up here a month ago and I am trying to keep them alive. The chickens love the leaves and will strip a plant bare in a short period of time. The peppers are small and almost round and are really hot.

I can't name you separately, but it has been a bright spot in my day when my sister goes to bed and I can get on BYC and read about everyone else's goings on. I love your smileys, your crown Scoot, the spiders, well, just about everything.

Anyway, welcome newbies. You picked a good corner to hook on!

Good night all,
Beverly

Hugs for your sister Leep, so sorry
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Rocket tell DH bacon goes great with scrambled Eggs , Right Scrambled?

Karan, this cracked me up!!!!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
...and would that "Bacon" perhaps be wearing a kilt !!!!! ??????? That would sure make the breakfast more interesting!!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Bonnie!!!! Sooooooooo good to hear from you!!!! Those alpacas are so dang popular, I can't believe how everyone talks about them!!! At the race track this guy that pits next to us has a wife that talks about them non-stop, she needs to get her some and quit coveting them so much!!! They wool is so soft though and alpaca yarn is high buck, I'm sure you could make somemoney off that if you can make it into yarn after the spring shearing. Good luck on selling your house..can you rent it instead?

Shanah that shopping is good therapy no matter what, lol!!...especially yarn shopping!!! Works like a charm for me!!!! I spend hours in Michaels in the yarn section and feel like I've won a prize if they have some I like on sale!!! I also like to buy it from non-smokers on ebay, or from Joann's or Herrschners or MaryMaxim and get it in the mail..that is fun too..the box in the mail full of yarn!!! We sure have it bad don't we!!! I am way beyond having a stash..I am clearly in the yarn "hoarder" category!!!!
wink.png
..not ready to detox either..pretty happy with the addiction myself, lol!
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Scoot not good at crafts?! You just have to let the Martha in you come out..I'm sure everyone has a little Martha inside trying to get out!!! ROTFLMBO!!!! What an image!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Made a nice black and white spider yesterday too, making them for Christmas so that will be done, they are a bit time consuming so I'll be glad to have them all done.

You are just fitting in here very nicely No!!! Glad you found us!! Looks like Maw was MIA yesterday, guess it was her day for the alien probe, lol!!!
gig.gif

Have a great day ya'll, gonna get DH to take me to breakfast..gonna kill me to go back to work Monday, lol!!!​

caf.gif
Good Morning BYC Hookers
caf.gif
big_smile.png
The sun is trying to come up and I am just about finished with my 1st cup. I feel abit more rested.

Shanah I am soo sorry about your hens
hugs.gif
I hope that will be the last loss you have for a long while.
fl.gif
Are you planning to get some more hens? or maybe some pullets? to replace them?

Leepsy I also am sorry to hear of your sister's stroke,
hugs.gif
for you
hugs.gif
for her. THat is a very diffacult health condition to manage.
hugs.gif
She probably still has her spiecal "essence" it is just very diffacult for her to bring it forward, But it is wonderful you are able to visit with her and she can enjoy time spent with you. That means soo much to them. I have a very dear friend whom is 10 years younger than I and she has had 3 strokes and 2 operations on her brain in the areas where the anureizum (sp?) had caused the trouble. She now has many freqenent (sp?) flyer miles with the local Air Evac. DH is an EMT and when they get paged for her house he has Air Evac put on stand by. Thank goodness she is still with us and as yet can still manage to walk a bit and still talk, she studders now but still does OK.
love.gif

Be back gotta got get a 2nd
caf.gif

Quote:
Karan, this cracked me up!!!!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
...and would that "Bacon" perhaps be wearing a kilt !!!!! ??????? That would sure make the breakfast more interesting!!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Shanah that shopping is good therapy no matter what, lol!!..

lau.gif
Omg, I will write more when I stop laughing...because well
lau.gif
my DH does wear a kilt as most of you know.
lau.gif

Mmm, shopping! I get to do more today, but not the fun stuff like yarn shopping unless I sneak over to Joanns or Michaels. What's with the names, hey? Warring crafters or something decided to open stores?

Love the spiders, SE. I had never heard the story until I read it on the other swap. Such a sweet story!

hugs.gif
to all struggling with family, self things and general whatevers...it's the whatevers that get you.
wink.png

I am soooo tired today...oh, darn, I just remembered I have to clean the coop today....
sickbyc.gif
Our girls decided their waterer had a great roost because of its handle on top, and several of them tried it and kept teeter-tottering the waterer which ended up flooding the entire corner of the coop. grrrrrr....
rant.gif
Our waterer now has a traffic cone on the top of it. heh. Karan, more will be peeping in our house over the winter. Chicks will be ordered soon...can't wait for fuzzy butts! (they can wear kilts too, right?
wink.png
)

well more later. I just needed a BYC fix...
Morning all. The big smileys will have to be left to the queen today.
smile.png

Last edited:

so not much outside work will be done today so i'll be hookin sorry to hear about everyones worries,sicknesses,and problems...

well servants i'll post more later as i have some chores to tend to!

caf.gif
aaahh good cafine
caf.gif
Just took youngin to bus stop so abit more peace and quite.
caf.gif
aaahh I love these moments.
love.gif
caf.gif

big_smile.png
Good Morning Scrambled Yes my bacon diffently has to be wrapped in a kilt
wink.png
big_smile.png
woot.gif
Those spiders are nice and pretty...
love.gif
I may have to make some and send my oldest son that lives in Germany, He has always been afraid of spiders,
ep.gif
and he is 6'4" So I don't get it. Oh well. He always had his little brother kill them for him. and they are 6 years apart in age.
gig.gif

Shanah good to hear you will have the lil fuzz butts soon to keep the cheer up around your coop.
clap.gif

I just Love
love.gif
the thought of a sexy man in a kilt. Still thinking of getting that one together for DH for our anniversary Feb 14th
woot.gif
. Just haven't gone looking for the material yet. Maybe when Sissy and I meet up about Nov to do our sister Christmas shopping.
I know what ya mean about the water problem I too have had to set ours upright more than a few times. Told Dh he may have to hang it too, or some thing, hhmmm a cone may work, Good Idea.
clap.gif

No Chicks I live 6 miles south of the Iowa line about as center of Missouri and as North as you can get. In Schuyler County, Glenwood is 2 miles west of Lancaster, and 23 miles North of Kirksville which is in Adair County. I hope that helps. We are a 3 1/2 hour drive from Kansas City.

Well girls I need to get dressed for work and let the ducks out. They need to do a song version Who let the Ducks Out quack quack quack we still need a duck smile
sad.png
darn it.....

Check on ya all later Karan
big_smile.png

Oh Good Morning Scoot your Highness
smile.png
th.gif

Last edited:
Maw is MIA...... She probably got my squares and fell out laughing!!!.

Good Morning to everyone else!!

I am trying to get laundry done, and pack, and get 2 horses ready, and the house and the barn clean, so I won't be hooking much today..... We leave for Kentucky on Saturday morning!!!

Any hookers in the Hot Springs area?? I need a place to keep 2 horses overnight...

SE, those spiders are so pretty! I had never seen one! I ordered yarn from Herrshner's for Christmas present projects, since Hobby Lobby did not carry it...Can't wait to get that box!!

Have a great day, gotta go find my escaped dogs...

Nancy

Oppps I guess in Nancy's case it's still Who let the Dogs out!

Scoot thanks for the group hug those are Nice
love.gif
hugs.gif

Oh Leepsy if ya can post a picture of that pepper plant you were talking about that was wild at your grandparents. Do the peppers turn Black??? If so it maybe a Black Pearl Pepper, and they are HOT !!
woot.gif
I have some dried for seed. I would love to see the plant and try to figure out what it is.
big_smile.png

Well I have goofed off enough, still in jamies, gota
wee.gif
and get dressed.
big_smile.png
Karan

Karan, from the pics of your DH, I think he will look great in a kilt. Good luck finding fabric. If I can find the camera and a clear space of floor, I will have Mark model his for ya all.
wink.png

P.S. we should have a Hookers Chickenstock in some sort of central area (if there is one) that we could maybe all get to, or the place that has the most of us and the others plan for road trips/travel. (wheee...my mind is just a wandering today)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom