BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely circles!!!!
big_smile.png

My son and I stopped off at a park today and I got rushed by this huge swan! I stood my ground and he backed down and was mindful of me afterwards... but holy moley! I didn't realize just how big those buggers are! Almost as big as me! :eek:

He's lucky he didn't go after my son... I'd have had to jumped on him then!
lol.png

Got some yarn today to play with
smile.png
Got some more amigurumi in mind
big_smile.png

roll.png
th.gif
Thank Goodness I thought it was me that posted it double I really thought I was losing it.

Thanks Nancy Sorry to hear about the coon trouble, they had gotten 1 of our Ducks last year but they didn't get duck dinner the second time. DH took it out with his rifle. Anyway I hope you catch the critters.

Thanks Guitartists, Yes those swans are huge, especially when they come after you for getting to close to their flock. Like a woman going after a swan coming after her youngin.
D.gif
Oh I loved your Octopus it is sooo cute.
big_smile.png
Karan

Karen ~ cute circles! Love the colors!

Maw ~ I finally got my squares off to you today! They're on their way!

hugs.gif
to anyone who needs them today.

Hey everyone! This cold front that has moved in is really causing problems! I'm really congested and have a terrible sinus headache!
th.gif
It's better today, but it's still there. Hopefully, it will continue to get better.

Chip is doing wonderfully! Since he was already paper trained, the housebreaking is going pretty good so far. If I remember to listen to him, he lets me know that he needs to go. The biggest trouble that we have right now is the fact that he wants to just run out the door and then run off. Even though we're in the country, there are still cars that fly down our road. And then we have the acres of woods to consider. He's so little and fast that if he goes into the woods, he's gone. So, I'm really working with him on the word "no" and not letting him run out the door. He's doing really well with the leash, but he still does not like it.

My poor chickens, on the other hand, have not been out in 3 days now. We've got to work on fixing the run so that there is absolutely no way that they could get out. They're flying over the run even though we've clipped their wings. We had not put a top on the run since we really wanted to free range, but the dogs are a HUGE problem. We just don't have the $$ right now to fence in a good portion of the back yard for them. Maybe next year, just not right now.

The only other thing going on for me is my usual work. Got lots of it to do today since I'm a little behind. But, I wanted to check in and let you know that I've not fallen off the face of the earth. I'm trying to get back to posting every day. I miss posting!

think the crud is starting to get me, that, or I am just really worn down. I was drinking those danactive immunity smoothie yogurt drinks. Kept me from feelin horrible when Alyssa started school. You know how kids always bring it home, well, the girls drank all mine, and I keep forgetting to get more when I'm at the store. Guess I should get some more tomarrow.
Beautiful circles, that's going to look so cool when its all done. Since it was so bright with the flash, wonder if it's blacklight responsive? that'd be awesome! I want one too!! hehehe
Well, I'm off to fix dinner, help with homework, oh and beat the kiddos, and Jim, wish me luck!
wee.gif

Don't forget to shoot the coons! As they told me when we lived in Arkansas, It just aint a holiday meal without a coon on the table! (add accent)

Last edited:
Queen....

After looking at your post this morning, I knew you were feeling better!!!!!

I was under the weather in fact, for a week or so, some flu is going around the base, and I caught it bad for a few days. But, got to love anti-biotics...They put me on a 5 day course, where on the first day you take a double dose, and try to sleep it off.. Well, I don't have that luxury, but, I did get a good 7 hrs in, and that helped me big time..

So, the other day, they zapped my arm with the flu shot, AND my 4th dose of anthrax... same arm...now double the size due to swelling.

I hope everyone else manages to stay healthy, but even the slighest weather change... and thats what I think happened here.. We are so used to such HOT weather, and now, things are starting to cool down..and a few days ago, we had our first rainfall in almost 7 months. The ground is so hard and packed, and when it rained.. no where to go, so, standing lakes everywhere...lol.. The weather seems sooo extreme here. Rains are expected again later in the week..

Oh.. you know I live in a conex here.. which is a metal trailer. You can hear the next person in the conex besides you sneeze, cough...walk.. so, I went ahead and bought some rugs, more as a buffer, so that they dont hear me walking, etc.... ALL of which were soaked because of the rain that had gotten in, in between the seams... grrrr.. The top two bunks were soaked, and rain even filtered to my lower bunk. The packed dirt has turned into heavy mud which makes walking a nightmare...

ok, sorry to get on my soapbox... but I just repeat to myself.. 6 more months, 6 more months!!!!!!

hugs.gif
Bless your heart Athena, does not sound like a fun place to be
hugs.gif

Sorry so many are under the weather. I seem to run out of time to be sick! Makes me appreciate the weekends for sure...catch up with ya'll later
wink.png

evening ladies sorry for not posting this morning, but just as I was about to dh unplugged the phoneline and said I couldn't be on the net this morning as he was waiting for phone calls, made me sooooo mad.
athena sorry to hear about all the water in yer conex that just sucks. we will have to send you a life raft to sleep in just so you can stay dry.
skand I found that when haley gets home from school a good spraying down of lysol has helped us all and I constantly stay on top of her to wash wash wash her hands. and that has really helped, that and staying away from town, and wal-mart, which is one of the best places to catch any kinda bug around here. so when flu season hits I double up well triple up on small purse size bottles of lysol and hand sanitizer, and wet wipes, and then the bigger sizes of the same things. and we have only gotten mild cases of any kinda bug that has gone around. and lots of vitiamns.
well no square mail today, no mail at all for that matter, yea that means no bills
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
which is always a great thing. busy busy on spiders and dishcloths. and turken neck warmers. house mittens and socks and various other handmade christmas gifts.

karanleaf love the circles. will be awesome when it's done.
eastTNchick I will keep and eye on the mail for those squares.
glad to hear everyone feel alright and hug for those who are not and I will post ya'll in the morning as I am off to look for a plastic sack pattern so I can get rid of some of these wal-mart sacks I have been collecting. ya'll take care and have a peaceful evening. Maw.

yippiechickie.gif
the circles are really pretty
clap.gif

Athena you & the others are great for what all you have to go through!
hugs.gif

What was up with the double posting?? I didn't get a email either that said somebody posted??
idunno.gif

Purr how did your RA appointment go?

Well here is a couple pictures of the afghan I made dad. I didn't care for the color
sickbyc.gif
it says Spencer down the middle.

15962_img_0018.jpg

15962_img_0019_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom