BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maw, I dropped that link in favor of the Iraq one in my signature line ....I never got the carry over links to not break and got frustrated with it and gave up..the original page is somewhere in the alleys of this winding road though, lol!!

WELCOME Blossom!!! Love the sound of that!!! Blossom, blossom, blossom!! I should have named a hen that, sounds old fashioned and sweet!!! Glad to have you join our nut house here, you are extremely welcome to hang out here, we chat daily and alot of new folks drop in so you wont have to worry about being"new" long! Guess you know we have a spring swap coming up soon, the rules are scattered about in the recent threads and will be posted sometime after this swap officially closes but basically "Anything Goes"! Feel free to join and start on your circles, squares or hexagons or triangles anytime. You are welcome to join the Secret Santa project too, will repost that info in a minute. So..welcome!!

No...that afghan is awesome!!! Very, very nice, great job!!!!

Running late again..outta here..have a great day and get well everyone!!
smile.png

thsmiley-santa.gif

SECRET SANTA PROJECT!!! SIGN-UP OPEN!

Please do not feel obligated just because you belong to the crochet swap! NO OBLIGATION!!!
thchristmas9.gif

Rules:Sign - Up Closes: November 15th

Secret Santa Items: Must be a HANDMADE item of reasonable cost or investment. For example .... if I were to crochet a long scarf out of nice yarn and add a spider ornament to that, I would think that would be a nice gift...if I made a record bowl with the crocheted washcloths and the music cd and music soap like I plan to make for my co-workers, that would seem like a nice gift to me too...you all are talented and what you make does not need to cost much, just be thoughtful about it and it will mean the world to whoever gets it, I'm sure
wink.png
thchristmas8.gif

Santa Assignment: On November 16th, every person on the list will be sent the name of their "secret" person. Please do not reveal which name you have!!! It is a "SECRET"!!! I will send you the name and address of your "secret" person and you will be required to make them something and have it shipped to them no later than December 15th. Only after or during shipping are you to reveal to the person that you are their Secret Santa!!

How to sign up: Send me a pm with your name and address and you will be added to the list. Only myself and the person you are assigned to will be given your name and address.
thchristmas13.gif

Feel free to save your present until Christmas or open it when you get it..either way, please take a picture and share the fun experience with the rest of us!!! The main objective here is to have fun with this project..simple, easy and fun!!!

This would be a great time to recruit new members to this thread!!
thsantagif.jpg

LIST:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) Organizer
2. Mawchickkide - (Jessica)
3. Athena - (Athena)
4. EastTnChick- (Steph)
5. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)
6. AmyQuilt - (Amy)
7. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
8. No Chicks Here - (Susan)
9. Risurocket - (Shanah)
10. Guitarists - (Angie)
11. TB1 - (Teri)
12. Skand - (Stephanie)

Good morning, everyone! Just thought I'd pop in early and say "Hi". Not much planned today. I do have to run into TSC and get some more chicken feed. I'm right at out! My poor chickens will mutany on me if I can't let them out AND I don't feed them!

Other than that, just the usual house work and transcription work.

I'll try to pop back in later. Have a great day, everyone!

11044_good-morning-banana-ag1.gif

its almost
11044_halloween-moon-gg3.gif

11044_friend-good-egg-ag1.gif

not so cold here this morning!! thank goodness. i have to get more layers as i dont have enough to keep up with the demand for eggs i have!
LOL well gals i'm off to do barn chores then i have some hooking and knitting i need to finish.
11044_happy-tails-dogs-ag1.gif

Welcome Blossom! You can hang out even if you don't do a swap right away, but eventually you will be drawn into several projects at once.

Athena, sorry to hear about all the wet.
sickbyc.gif
Take care, and our thoughts are with you.

The afghan is very patriotic, No.
lol.png
It's appropriate for this time of year!

Karan, loved your circles! very festive!

Your Majesty, the kitten in the banana is too cute! totally brightened my day.

Not much news here. Pick up the new car tonight...
ms5-8.gif
Need to get chicken feed too! Man, these girls eat a lot...started on more Christmas projects. If I ever get them done, there will be pics, if ya'll want 'em.

Off to possibly work on more crafts. I say possibly because every time I say that, I never end up doing them.
Hope everyone has a sunny wonderful day!
g0200.gif

Thanks for asking bout me NO Chicks.The appt went ok I'll find out more when they get the bloodwork back and look at the x-rays
But they did give me a pill for the pain.
Anyhoo enough of that depressing stuff, I'm almost done with the white faux fur throw I'm knitting.And I gave DD a crochet hook and yarn and showed her how to make a square, or at least I thought I did. It's kinda lopsided.
lau.gif

Hi everybody, ...and good morning...

Happy Halloween, to those that celebrate it....

Queen... neat post, but I always look forward to your posts..lol.

and that afghan is gorgeous... bet your dad is thrilled by it, and also warm! What a nice way of showing love and appreciation... Did you already give it to him??.. You know Veterans Day is just a week or so away... Nov 11th????

Darlene... someone is sending me a crockpot...lol.. I wanna make some of that apple butter over here.... Simple ingredients, and I can get apples from the chow hall...lo, I figure we all go in and grab a couple for the pot on the way out.. In a week, we should have enough!!!

Have a good day all...

Last edited:
How awesome on the Iraq apple butter, lol!!! You cn either refrigerate it or freeze it if you aren't canning it. Doubt it will last long anyway when those guys smell it!!!

Lots of errands and chores to do today. Going to the local Farmers Market too and getting a box of tomatoes and peppers to make some salsa and can that. Have a big box of muscadine grapes to make grape hull preserves with too, someone at work gave me those yesterday I'm real excited about that! Making bath "puffs" too to go in my record bowls..the puffed scrubbies that are crocheted.. http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/bath.htm easy and cute. Haven't touched that chocolate yarn after I whined for it for a month, lol!!! No time to get everything done!!!! I have so many spiders to make too and they are tedious and time consuming!! I also need to clean my chicken pen today, a major wheelbarrow loading of dirt kind of cleaning..that will be this afternoon...and add water to my pond and run my filter till the water is clearer again...soooo, I'll check in later, hugs
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom