BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okies, dinner and kids' showers are done, and they are shuffled or shoved to bed, depending on how you view it.
My chores sure aren't done yet. Can't decide if I want to finish watching House, or candle 150 eggs.
Trays 3,4,and 5 are due to go in the hatcher wed. 6 is due in 2 weeks and beginning again with tray 1 in 2 1/2 weeks. Yay! The cutest part of chickens, the babies! Too little to run far from ya, too cute to be mean!
We had a couple come this morning and buy 2, then another couple came after church and bought 2 more. Another couple came by, they don't want our purebreds, they want some off the wall mutts! They want at least 10, best news all week! We have our golden ameracauna and our buff orp in with a barred rock...now picture that chick.. aint it the cutest mental picture!! We have a 1/2 b.o in with a RIR. Those ones are adorable, lil red face, golden body, and fuzzy feet.
Risu, wash the fairy, she prolly dirty, just don't mistake her for a dust bunny and sweep her up. lol
Scoot, something tells me you'll prolly get a bunch of bling for Christmas! I just want everything!

Hey, ya'll!
Hope you've had a great Sunday! It's been busier than heck here - but I'm home now and in my jammies. As much as I miss having small kids around, sometimes it's really nice to only have to get me ready for anything! Especially when I'm as tired as I am now!! Gonna pull out my crochet bags and start working on something. "The Notebook" is on ABC Family, so I've got a box of tissues nearby, too. I understand it's a tearjerker.
hit.gif

Hope everyone has a great week! Don't work too hard...

Oh, and
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
to our newbies! We are so glad to have you here!!

clap.gif
clap.gif
Nice job Amy looks great. I did do some sewing but I don't have a machine any longer. I have done a few things by hand. But nothing as ambussous (sp?) as what I saw on your new thread. Good luck with it I may check it once in a while just to see the wonderful creations.
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

We have had a full day, after cashing in our winning scratcher, I got busy watering plants, starting supper to cook in the oven and then DH and I trimmed limbs off a couple of trees, and set the wood furnance back in the shed. Tomarow DH will get new stove pipe on it. Then be ready for fireing it up.
woot.gif
He had to rebrick it, fix brackets and get new grates made. My brother made them.

Then i gave my injuried chicken a bath. She did great
smile.png
. Now I'm ready for a shower and bed. Then got to get a few more things made for the SS .
woot.gif

Good Night all. See ya when the Rooster crows.
big_smile.png
Karan

Quote:
Maybe ya'll can cut out the same size squares and swap a few so you your quilts will have some of everyone's squares in it? Just a thought...not like everyone doesn't have a million things to do this time of year, but maybe after Christmas..or not, I don't sew anyway, lol!

Gotta run, have a great day all
wink.png

Quote:
Maybe ya'll can cut out the same size squares and swap a few so you your quilts will have some of everyone's squares in it? Just a thought...not like everyone doesn't have a million things to do this time of year, but maybe after Christmas..or not, I don't sew anyway, lol!

Gotta run, have a great day all
wink.png

SE~ That's called a "Charm Swap" in quilters lingo
thumbsup.gif

I've done them over the years, as well as FQ(fat quarter) swaps. They're loads of fun!

hehehe It's monday, and I'm gonna try messing with SE's head.
Hey SE, question for ya.... Do the squares need to be generally same color? or can we do one of each color yarn we have? And also, is there a minimum number we do for each person, or can we just square until deadline? I know the minimum is one per person, but since you did 3 per for the fall, can we do say, 6 per person?

Okies, I'll let ya figure that out while I run to the bank, wal-mart, groceries, fabric bin, yarn corner, buttons extravaganza.. lol

ok all the stalls are all done except for 2 track doors that have to be hung yet! We got her almost all done just in time to get 2 inches of snow and nasty cold winds blowing here.
ok, now i need ideas for this xmas swap!!!!!
come on ladies. help this old gal out!!!!!
big_smile.png

teri

Last edited:
SE definitely add me to the spring swap. Just one question for clarification, if I do different shapes - circles, squares, hexagons, octagons, stars... can they be different sizes as long as they are all in the size range or do I need to attempt to make them all the same size?

I have two very advanced roosters in my batch of babies, two of my cochin bantams are crowing. They started with the squeaky attempts that sound like a broken crow two weeks ago (4 weeks old), and were up to full squeaky you know it is a crow after a few days. My dad told me that they start about 4 am, and of course neither of them will crow when I get the camera out. It is so cute, they are working on their crowing and don't even have all their feathers yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom