BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
th_morningall.png
I am a nervous wreck this morning. I will get to that in a minute...

Queen Scoot, Gorgeous hat! I think I may become a hat collector. Do you make matching mittens? I am going to need a purple pair.
wink.png

Erin, Skand, you are both way ahead of me on the spring swap. I have piles of christmas projects to do first.

SK that's so cool about your kiddo. Wegot has a great idea.

Momma, too bad about the hat...jeesh. Sharing is what makes the crocheting great! I will send a link for a ami chicken that might be adaptable to be a hat.

Someone Erin maybe? Can't remember asked me about the mink. We had a mink awhile back that DD and I witnessed brutalizing a squirrel. Then the thing just stared at me and smacked its lips. Scary little bugger. Landlord tried to trap it, but we think it got poisoned first.

now to me being a nervous wreck - I am waiting for chicks...they should come today...I can't stand the thought of them being in a box in a truck and me having to wait one more day....
hit.gif

lol we just had to order 50 ameracauna pullets this mornin
We're becoming pros at goin to the post office to pick them up.
Just remember to wait in line super patiently, otherwise they look at you like you need to go potty. Then when it's your turn at the counter, take a deep breath, smile and say, "I would like the box that is making all that racket in the background, please!"
Everyone just oohs and aaahhhs at your cute lil box. Don't forget to take in your i.d card, and open yer box up while your still inside.

I get lots of funny looks when I go in to mail out boxes of eggs. I always get the comment from the post office people when I put the box up on the counter, and it's marked all over FRAGILE!!! EGGS!!
"Um, I see you have this marked fragile, is it packed up securely?"
Yeah, I got all those eggs just rolling around.
lol

Last edited:
ooo Open it there? really? OK... well I thought I was going to get them in the mail at like 3AM, but it looks like I am going to have to deal with Mr. Personality. (the beast at the post office who has absolutely no personality at all)... Otherwise, I guess I get to wait til tomorrow when DD is off school and we can get them together Provided they don't come today...still...*sigh* - Not real sure about the whole chicks in a box thing...esp in this weather... it's 30 F right now and snowing.
42.gif
I better get hooking to distract myself...

morning gals short post this morning, have a ton of things to do today and catch up up as we went in to the city yesterday for a dental appt. but had loads of fun afterwards so I will post you all about it later this evening when I have gotten all my stuff caught up later gals Maw.

Ris, watch out when you bring the babies home, Fancy really likes babies
wink.png
I went through my local feed store when I ordered my babies last month, they order from Ideal, so I just let them know what I wanted and she ordered what they had available at that time, plus my order was combined with another persons order, so there was a big break on shipping. Not to mention I knew the babies would be well taken care of from the time they arrived until I would get there to pick them up, and that they would not be spending any extra time sitting in the box waiting for me at the post office, since they would have more than likely just put a slip in my box instead of calling me
roll.png

I have this book that is 101 stitches for afghans, I got it at a deep discount for $3 when my local JoAnns was closing one store in a bad location to open a bigger store with less stuff
rant.gif

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2880&PRODID=prd25691
I have been going through the book and doing samples to figure out which ones I like.

I am still working on the Lion Brand CAL, I might be able to finish that before the end of the year
idunno.gif

I will probably use some of my fun fur and fancy fur for the spring swap, I was thinking I could use a flower pattern - lion brand crochet motif 6 six-petal flower - with those.

I finally was able to get my little boys, now 7 weeks old, crowing on video. I thought cochins were supposed to be slow to mature, these little guys are way ahead, crowing and they don't even have all their feathers yet. And I am afraid that I have more boys than girls in my cornish bantams
hit.gif

Skand, sorry to hear about the fav roo, ya'll can always come and visit Orlando and take home a white laced red cornish bantam roo

I am taking Natalya to Sea World for a job interview this afternoon, and Katrina goes on monday for her interview. I am pretty sure that they will get seasonal jobs, I am really hoping that they can also stay on after new years part time.

morning all!
Good luck getting the new
jumpy.gif
Ris

I was almost done with my ss project & ran out of supplies
he.gif
, Walmart doesn't have it. So next week when I go get my mom from the bus, I will have to stop by hobby lobby. So since I can't do that I started up on the baby afghan for our dd's baby, we find out this Monday what it is...providing the little one cooperates!
fl.gif

Smart young lady you have there Skand!
thumbsup.gif
...good luck keeping up!

Did a bunch of packing yesterday. Ache today, so thinking of a nap...that usually heps.
old.gif

Hubby got a button deer yesterday!
ya.gif
sickbyc.gif

have a good day all
frow.gif

Quote:
Oohhh I know. Fancy and DD have been waiting like me on pins and needles.
wink.png

Oh no...even though the post office told me they were going to call me, they might not???

Good luck natapple and Katrina with the job interviews.

Congrats on the buck, Nochicks!

Thanks everyone for putting up with my babbling.

Last edited:
They are supposed to call when they get there. Have you called the post office to let them know that they are coming? If not, call now.
We have like a ton of post offices here in town. I called them, they said, we will call. I called them the day they were supposed to be in, they told me they would call. Then, just about the time I started to get distracted, they called. In fact, the driver called, told me he had them, and was headed my way. I thought I beat him to the post office, the lady that helps unload the trucks, called me to let me know they were in the building. I was pulling into the parking lot.
Have fun with Mr. Personality, you might be able to get a smile from him.
Yeah, open up the box to make sure they are all doing okay. If any are not doing well, or worse, the post office dude is supposed see. And just remember, when you get them home, dip the beak in water, they will be thirsty!! Don't worry on having to show them where the food is, they will find it. Just don't let them get by you without getting them a drink. Put a lil sugar in it, gives them an energy boost.

Thanks Skand! I did call them and gave my number to an actual person instead of the Robot clerk Mr. Personality...(ooo he just scares me)...What I do not understand is why do they ship them priority??? I mean good gravy! they are alive...ship them overnight for goodness sake!!! I don't care what the shipping is... Ugh... I think I am going to have an ulcer.
In a way, by this point, I am hoping that I have helpers at the post office for me (DH and DD), so that I can make sure the car is warmed up for them right away and all of that...

*sigh* this day is taking forever too... and now I am pretty sure I will end up getting them tomorrow. If I get them Saturday I think I am going to be very upset. That's even ridiculous for priority...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom