BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
gig.gif
lau.gif
Ok OK give me a few minutes...but I better ration them, and I might have to email you instead. We don't want this to get a bit too much for a family board...
wink.png
email me your email, redhen.

This really still has to do with crochet, really....see there's a study going on as to how we can crochet some kilts in the near future.

Quote:
yes..really it is...and i need REAL CLOSE UP shots please ris....my eyes these days. are pretty bad.
hu.gif
..e-mail sent..heehe..
tongue.png

Good morning all! I am sleepless in CA (4:14 a.m.
barnie.gif
) so I thought I'd make the first post of the new day! I know many of us will be busy doing pre-Thanksgiving preparations, myself included!

Anyway, until I feel sleepy, I will be right here doing this
caf.gif
minus the coffee!

Hi all...I'm new, I don't crochet, but I can sew...and I love my chickens! Anyone want to spin some alpaca fur for me? ;-)

WELCOME!!!!!!! Sooooo happy to have you here!!!! Please make yourself at home in our thread (anyone wanna take odds on how long before she gets ehrself a crochet hook and some yarn?!!!) lol!!! Welcome to our nutty thread!! We have alot of newer folks so no need to feel like the odd person out and again, welcome..drag in some more Shanah!!!
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Yeah Erin is coming home today!!! whoo hoo!!! She will be here through the weekend, how nice!!! Miss her alot this year, with dorm living last eyar she had to come home more on the holidays and such because they closed up, now with the apartment and her parttime job she hasnt been home in two months. Gonna cook BIG tomorrow so we have lots of leftovers and she has some to take back too. I always make turkey and ham and I am gonna try my co-workers ham salad recipe with some ham leftovers (food processor - ham, mrs. dash table blend, horseradish sauce, mayo, pickle relish and chopped eggs..awesome on a cracker!!!!!).

My hens laid ONE measley egg day before yesterday Maw and yesterday they left me 4...must be conserving body heat but I put those 100 watt red heat emitting bulbs in their coop now so hopefully they will be warmer at night and improve their egg production..my SIL wants eggs for Christmas so I have been saving mine for weeks for her and even...gasp..had to buy store bought eggs this weeks to use for my Thanksgiving tomorrow since theyhaven't been laying so much. Guess it's everyone with the cold.

Love having the new folks!!! Anyone crafty at all is welcome to live in this thread, we are very friendly in this zip code, crochet (is a good thing!) and chickens are not a requirement although we are not responsible for the temptation you will face in both areas, lol!!​

Quote:
yes..really it is...and i need REAL CLOSE UP shots please ris....my eyes these days. are pretty bad.
hu.gif
..e-mail sent..heehe..
tongue.png

Must be kilt viewing!!!! lol!!!! We do love our handsome men in skirts!!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Good Morning Jennifer!!! Yep, you are def. Sleepless in Ca, that is early!!

springcrochetswap.jpg

Sign-Ups are now Open!
thYarnAddicts.jpg

th38163b14.jpg

Theme: "Anything Goes" Feel free to experiment and challenge your skills for this swap! Hexagons, Circles, Squares, Triangles, or "Other" crocheted shapes are all welcomed!! (No amigurumi in this swap.)

Color: Any! Mix it up or stay the same, up to you!

Size: 6" minimum - 12" maximum. Try to be consistent though, for example, all of your squares should be pretty near the same size, all of your circles should be pretty near the same size....

Pattern: Any! Feel free to mix up your patterns and make every square different or every hexagon different, or all the same, up to you!

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap.
thcrazyboutcrochetblinkie.jpg

Dates: Chat and gab and get to know one another in this thread. Post as often as you like! Official sign-up opens on February 1, 2009 and Closes on March 1, 2009. All items are due to me no later than May 1, 2009.

New folks are encouraged to visit with us here in this thread and post and get to know us! Chickens are not required, in fact several members of this group are not chicken owners! We are always happy to have new friends here in the crochet club! We'd love to have you join the fun, join the swap or any other projects that we have going on!!!!

When you have finished your Shapes, send me a pm and I'll send you my address so that you can mail in your work.

You will be required to send your crocheted shapes in individual ziplock bags with your username and real name on each bag. In addition, you will need to send $10.00 for Flat Rate return postage. Thanks so much!!!!!! Have fun!!!

thGraphILoveCrochetVirtual.jpg

Spring Swap Sign Up List:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) -Organizer
2. Mawchikkide - (Jessica)
3. RisuRocket - (Shanah)
4. CoffeeLady3 - (Dena)
5. NoChicksHere - (Susan)
6. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
7. Skand - (Stephanie)
8. Lutheran Chick - (Kay)
9. Head4dmtns - (Trish)
10. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)
11. Amy Quilt - (Amy)
12. Mangled - (Em)
13. TB1 - (Teri)
14. Purr - (Terry)
15. Elcunni - (Erin)
16. 1MommaHen - (Lynda)
17. EastTnChick - (Steph)
18. Ginger Chic - (Amy)
19. Greenapple - (Lisa)

thturkey_knitting.gif
URL]

AND
welcome-byc.gif
Perched as you have seen we are just some average
celebrate.gif
everyday
D.gif
ya.gif
folks
bun.gif
around here
D.gif
so please join our group Musicial instruments are not a requirement. Even though it does help when we have a Hooker Hoedown
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Hey we love to Crochet , chat, swap items, chat, keep up on chickens, chat, and solve world problems and did I say chat? And if ya love men in kilts you will feel right at home
love.gif

When SK
hide.gif
our party director gets here she will explain where everything can be found. Again
welcome-byc.gif
to our little corner.

Maw seems you caught that Mad Hatters Flu letme try to stomp on it for ya
gig.gif

Well gals gota little boy to get around for school, then he is off to spend Thanksgiving with his other Grandma, Aunt, and visit his Mom. See ya in a few
caf.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Task Master at work! hahahaha!

Been catching up on the posts - OhBoy! Back to the men in Kilts! A favorite subject! hahahaha!

I can hardly wait to get my squares...
sad.png
They'll probably get here Monday! Patience is NOT my thing! hahahaha!

Well, here's wishing all my BYC crocheters a Happy Thanksgiving Day.. may any travel you have be safe and I'll have to catch up again for I doubt w/ everyone being home I'll get a chance to nip on here 'til Monday.. when they all disappear again!

TTFN!
Erin

large-smiley-012.gif
Good Morning Hookers!!!!!!!!!!!
welcome newbies!
party-smiley-038.gif

party-smiley-049.gif

got a ton of things to do today as i have a ton of people comming over tomorrow. plus i need to fight the crowds today as i need to pick up a few forgotten things.
UGH!!!
lol

guess ill be drinking alot of today
before its all done i may look like this!!!

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom