BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one of our male ringneck pheasants getting a look through the window at me. They always get in the window, I'm half afraid to open it, to find out what would happen if- lol

110408_0925.jpg

Quote:
Way to go!!!!!
the shell stitch is used alot but thats just a bunch oh dcs together.....
i'd say either a dishcloth or a scarf.....heck do a granny square!!!
they are pretty easy and theres videos for them on you tube!
good luck!!!

OK Queen, now I know what to do with all these granny squares,

7664_grannies_001.jpg

I'll send 'em to you so you can make all those things on that list!!!
lol.png

Wow mommahen!
You should save those for the spring swap. they are gorgeous. Unless those are the ones that arrived for you from the fall, I honestly forgot who was all on the list from the fall.

No one out there will brave helping me out with the fun fur???
hide.gif
Please? Just wondering if there is a trick...or if I should avoid it all together.
sad.png

Rocket, try these tips and website
http://www.planetjune.com/blog/fuzzy-yarn-tips/general-tips/

You may need to crochet a little more loosely than you are used to. Ease your hook gently through the fuzz; don’t yank it.
# If you make a mistake, unravelling stitches can be a pain, but it’s not impossible! Unravel one stitch at a time, holding onto the previous stitch with your other hand at the same time so it doesn’t get yanked too, and the stitches will slowly come undone. If it does get caught, don’t pull hard on the yarn - gently wiggle the stitch you are trying to undo in the opposite direction (as though you’ve changed your mind about undoing it and want to pull it back to its original shape) and it should free up.

# Crochet in back loops only. It is easier to see where to insert your hook into the stitch, and there is an added bonus: if you forget how many rounds you’ve completed, turn the work inside out and count the ‘rings’ left by the front loops - there will be 1 ring per round you have completed.

# Work around the inside rim of your work (i.e. the right side of the work will be the back of each stitch as you make it). See the pic below; turn the piece so your hook is always at the side of the round that’s furthest away from you:

hugs.gif
Thanks your Majesty! I will take a look at it asap. Right now I am running around crazy like my fuzzy butts trying to get ready for errand running tonight. Oh how I hate running errands after dark!

risu, I wasn't in on the fall swap. I just learned to make these a month ago and now there's no stopping me. The ones for the spring swap are already put away in the closet!

I'm going to try and make slippers out of these for xmas! I'd much rather make squares than sew them together! So I'll keep putting it off for awhile!

Happy Hooking Ladies!
hmm.png

Lynda those squares are awesome!!! Save them for a double set for the spring swap, or sew them together and make yourself a nice afghan, they are gorgeous!!!

Sounds like Chix has had some good instruction today from the Queen so she should be hookin up a storm shortly!!!

Listen ya'll...anyone that crochets is more than welcome in this thread...swap members or not.....so please hang out and chat about your projects, your chicken or lack thereof, and your life, happy to have you here..no swap membership required!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
oooOOOOOoooo Yall missed it!
Can ya guess what time of day it is?!!
That's right, my favorite time of day, Shove the kids in bed time!!!!
After dragging my crochet around all day with all my errands, I've gotten maybe one and a half rows done. But, now that it's my fave time, I can do maybe 2 hours worth. YAYY I love my kids and all, but man, they wear me down fast!
Ughhh Alyssa is out of school for the holiday for the rest of the week. I think I'll gas up the van, grab a map and somehow or other, run as fast and as far as I can. Think anyone would notice?
All I know, I'm not showing up at Maw's, Scoot's, LC's or anyone else that either has kids, or wants to put me to work hookin. lol
Scoot will bring down her mighty reign and refuse to talk to me in anything but hooker lingo.
hide.gif
think I'll just hide over here.. nooo peekin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom