Lutheranchick - mailed and received by risurocket
Newchickenfamily - mailed and received by karan
Queen Scoot - mailed and received by Newchickenfamily
Elcunni - mailed and received by Jacie
Skand - mailed to Queen Scoot 1/2 received 1/2 mailed
Risurocket - mailed and received by Athena
No Chicks - mailed and received by TB1
Karan - mailed and received by Lutheranchick

TB1 - mailed to AmyQ (tracking number on post #3376) And going to open a can of WhoopA on the post office.
Athena - mailed
Maw - mailed

EastTN
AmyQ - did I see a post that it's been mailed?
Guitarists
xlaughing.gif

Anyone who can, please post pics after you open your presents!

Last edited:
Quote:
k , I'll take a pic first thing in the morning.
I want to go to bed but I know once I go upstairs I won't be able to sleep. I never sleep good when DH is outa town.
He called though he's working the bucket so I told him to be safe and try to stay warm.Storm trouble is always confusing I'm glad he went cause we could use the money and he loves the work.It makes him feel good getting the peoples power back on. but I worry about him the whole time he's gone.
This ice storm put over 1 million homes out of power. Hope everyone finds a warm place.

ok..my fun, minus jim and the kids night is over within an hour of starting.
Jim called, Alyssa's ear is hurting her bad. she was laying in our bed crying. So I run to the store, speak to a pharmacist, and grab a bottle of motrin.
Guess what.. they have absolutely NOTHING on the market for a child's ear. Motrin... that's it.
Which, I know its the cold she's got is finally draining her sinuses, and since she's a kid, there's nothing to do. It's gonna drain, it's gonna hurt, and she'll have to deal.
But ding dang ,,, at least us adults can drink!
As soon as she lets herself relax, she'll sleep good and wake up feeling better. Its just the part where she's supposed to go to sleep that's drivin me bonkers.
Wish she would sleep on her belly, it would help her out, but nope, she sleeps flat out on her back.

Quote:
k , I'll take a pic first thing in the morning.
I want to go to bed but I know once I go upstairs I won't be able to sleep. I never sleep good when DH is outa town.
He called though he's working the bucket so I told him to be safe and try to stay warm.Storm trouble is always confusing I'm glad he went cause we could use the money and he loves the work.It makes him feel good getting the peoples power back on. but I worry about him the whole time he's gone.
This ice storm put over 1 million homes out of power. Hope everyone finds a warm place.

Goodness! Stay safe

I'm good I have the woodstove if my power goes out.
For the ear though try to get her to lay on a warm towel that will help it drain and it will feel good so maybe she will drift off to sleep. This is what my grams used to do for me when I was little.

oh thanks ! I will try that tomarrow. I finally talked her down and into going to sleep. Think most of it was that she realized I'd left, and with dad around, well let's say he's our last resort. I only call him in when it's really bad. When I need to hear go to the e.r., I ask him, do ya think we should take her in? lol
Well, okay, we'll just admit it was him making it worse. He's the one who called me and said you should take her to the er now instead of waiting until 2 or 3, cause you know that's when they take forever. lol

All I could think of was sweet oil, and the warm hair dryer.

Last edited:
Sk
hide.gif
I had gotten some over the counter ear drops at Walmart and it's works well enough I can sleep, I get them at least 3 -4 times a year. At times it's almost unbearable.. But this ear drops have witch hazel oil in it. Has an orange top. Couldn't find the bottle to give ya the name of it sorry..... I also have some that Dr prescribed it's Ciprodex I had for the bought of earache I had a couple of weeks ago. Make one of those rice heating bags and warm it the Micro wrap it with a towel and have her lay her sore ear on it willmake her feel better. I Know I'm sorry she is hurting
hit.gif

Well, with grown ups, they already have an idea of what it's going to feel like, so your kinda more prepared for them.
Kids, they don't remember feelings of pain as well as they do everything else. And, boy, do they have memories!!
With Alyssa, it's been over a year since the last real good ear ache.
So it's almost 1/4 of her life since the last one. I'd forget how bad it hurt me too. lol let's see... 31 divided by a quarter,,, or something like that..

oh yeah, no wonder her cooridination is off.. and here I was putting her in physical therapy because she couldnt stand on one foot. lol Make me feel horrible now....
hide.gif

Last edited:
hugs.gif
to Alyssa (and Caydence so she doesn't feel left out) and hope she feels better soon. They have some children's homeopathic ear drops on the market that sometimes Walgreens has, but otherwise a natural food store. If you make her a rice pillow put a little clove of garlic in it....my mom would tell you to use garlic ear drops, but I wouldn't...mom has her own adventures with garlic.
wink.png

http://www.similasanusa.com/products-earache-relief.cfm (most commonly found)

http://www.homeopathic.com/store/product=1538

Purr
So I was at AC Moore looking at yarn the other day (shhh don't tell DH) and I found the neatest things.....
1. a pendant that I put on a piece of yarn and hang around my neck and it has grooves in it that cut the yarn.
2. a circular crochet hook ? what ? yup 2 crochet hooks attached to each other. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it but I had to have it.
3. an acryllic jar by snapware called a yarn-tainer. it has a cover with a whole in it. so you put your yarn in there feed it through the cover and no more skein rolling off the couch and onto the floor. YAY!

I put my yarn in zip lock bags and keep open to allow me to pull the yarn out of the skien without rolling alover or collecting dog hair ect. My step mother has this wooden Caddy (I need to take pic of it) and it holds 4 or 5 2 litter bottles that the yarn goes in. the bottoms come off the bottles the yarm threads through the pour top . Like I said I will have to take a pic of it and post it. Hard to explain.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom