BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised my message about DH got lost in the shuffle gals, it happened Christmas night.
th.gif

I thought he was getting the flu. He had the symptoms all day...headache, not feeling well, chills, fever. So I sent him to bed early. Then he started to complain of heart attack symptoms...short of breath, chest pain, pain down the arms, his heart was pounding & heart rate was 106. So I called the squad for him. they got him to the hospital & did a ton of heart tests, they all came back good. (Thank the Lord
bow.gif
) They even did some twice. They found his white blood count was really high. I told them about this sore we have been watching forever on his toe (we knew he needed to see a doctor about it, but we was going to go after Christmas, it hadn't been causing problems).
hu.gif

He is a diabetic, has had a triple heart bypass in May of 1998 & a kidney & pancreas transplant in 1998. So the transplant team wanted him in Omaha to watch & treat him. They took a lot of tests of his foot & toe & they thought the infection had gone to the bone. That ment IV antibiotics at home & debreeding the bone for months OR they may have to amputate it. They were waiting for the ortho docs to look at it today.
fl.gif

The ortho doc said had he seen it a couple days ago with the discription of it, it would have came off! But, it look like it is responding to the antibiotics, so he will give it a second chance.
celebrate.gif
He sid maybe latter they will have to shorten the bone in that toe because it is a hammer toe (from surgery a couple years ago on that foot). SSOOO....we get to go home tomorrow!!!!
ya.gif

I tell ya this has been one heck of a month!
barnie.gif
he.gif

Thank you for all your concerns, this is a great group!!!
love.gif

Now lets see...Happy Birthday Mangled!!!
clap.gif

Quote:
Ya don't cry now, wait ummm...9 years
lol.png
. Or wait until you realize that your baby will be 24 soon or your oldest will be 30 in 3 years!!
gig.gif
hit.gif
old.gif

KL, them truffles look good
droolin.gif
. Thanks for your email, that was a great picker upper.
hugs.gif

Quote:
nope not as of Friday am, but when we get home tomorrow, I will see if it is there from Saturday or tomorrow
fl.gif
Nice to hear from you Maw!
frow.gif

Sorry this was so long...talk later, Susan
frow.gif

Susan,

So glad to hear that things are looking up for you and your husband. I had that hammer toe operation several years ago and I had the doctor sign a form to get me a handicapped decal for the car. Came in really handy during Christmas shopping that year! LOL

keeping you and hubby in my prayers!

You're welcome Susan
hugs.gif

Okay so I am sooo sorry but does anybody know what post that little amurigurami chick inside the egg was? I thought I had bookmarked it, but neither DH or I can find it!
hit.gif
Please help! I would love to make one for my kids for Easter!!
thumbsup.gif

That will help!!! Thank you purple!!! Hopefully I can get the hang of it from the youtube vid!!!
fl.gif

I don't know how to figure out chrocheted things with out a pattern yet...but I aspire to learn one day!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW8ui6wlYxY&watch_response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hKBeu2BlhU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAcUttz7pWM&feature=related

I
have not learned how to follow patterns yet but am learning so this was easier for me to follow since I have always learned new things just by watching.
The lady doing this video made part 1 and 2 with yellow yarn and it looks just like the little chick in the pic and then she made another video going a little slower in red yarn cuz someone asked her to make another one slower. I have learned something from all of them.

Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Ya don't cry now, wait ummm...9 years
lol.png
. Or wait until you realize that your baby will be 24 soon or your oldest will be 30 in 3 years!!
gig.gif
hit.gif
old.gif

KL, them truffles look good
droolin.gif
. Thanks for your email, that was a great picker upper.
hugs.gif

Quote:
nope not as of Friday am, but when we get home tomorrow, I will see if it is there from Saturday or tomorrow
fl.gif
Nice to hear from you Maw!
frow.gif

Sorry this was so long...talk later, Susan
frow.gif

Or how about when your oldest is 35
roll.png
and your Baby is 29 to be 30 in May.
ep.gif

And I don't think I'm old
old.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
big_smile.png
Karan

Last edited:
Quote:
I think that they will be like that either until they are 13 (with luck) or we won't be free of that until they are out of the house and can mess up their dorm rooms. At least I am not alone in the "disaster in the doorway of the room leading to disaster in the rest of the room" department. The other day I asked her if she liked her room messy (the thing gives me high blood pressure) and she said "kind of"...but I just *might* have a way to help her keep motivated to keep it cleaner....(notice I didn't say clean completely.
hmm.png
)

Anyway, I was restless (that's why I am online) and couldn't sleep...was in the kitchen getting a snack...and did the "I just saw a mouse out of the corner of my eye" double take...we don't have a pet mouse. We have pet rats and chickens and cats...and....the culprit - Hannah's hamster... the little thing had made it into the kitchen (about 4 miles from its cage in hamster miles) and the cat (fortunately our cats are not predatory) was just sitting there watching it. If it ever gets out and lost in Hannah's room, it is more in danger of never coming back than it is of getting caught by the cats.

Nochicks - glad to hear Hubby is doing better and the toe has a chance... scary stuff...

Ok gals I am back to lurking.
hide.gif
(this time for real - but I can't go cold turkey
wink.png
must take the weaning off time from BYC slowly)

Susan, glad DH is better!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Good to see some MIA hookers posting, must be finihsed with the alien probings, those things can be a real pain in the buttcus..literally, LOL!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
ok, corny, I know, but you laughed!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back to work today, much nicer to be home and get the paycheck, lol!

ScrambledEgg wrote:
My MIL was determined that we needed a new set of flatware EVERY christmas and my SIL STILL gives us a set of rolling suitcase (one zipped inside the other) EVERY christmas..and we NEVER go anywhere so maybe our inlaws are related since they are both nuts!!

It sounds like you need to start an ebay shop.....
ScrambledEgg's Flatware and Suitcases shop.
Hey, I need a set of flatware..... got any for sale?

Donated all but the last years' set of luggage and the rolly zip up thing this year that I filled with yarn and put in my closet, lol!! The flatware has all long since been donated, except for what DD took to college, so yeah, it's already put to good use, lol!!!

Okie, I use the cotton yarn all the time, that is what I am currently working with to make DD an afghan, the colors are horrible but she picked them out, mardi gras, yellow and sunburst, pretty much glows in the dark but she loves it! The cotton is soft and easy to work with, makes great squares and hexagons, holds the shapes well.
thumbsup.gif

Nice to hear from you Maw! Hope everyone has a great day, really warm here, shorts and barefoot weather. I wouldn't mind having a little winter, just a little though!!
wink.png

morning all...i need some help on this pattern it has me stumped as to how to do it....
ROW 6:
step 1: ch 6,
holding last loop of ea st on hook,
2 dtr in 6th ch from hook (3 loops on hook - leave them there)

step 2: sk 5 sts
holding last loop of ea st on hook,
3 dtr in next st (6 loops on hook)
yo, draw thru 6 loops on hook
ch 1 to close cluster

step 3: ch 6,
holding last loop of ea st on hook
2 dtr in 6th ch from hook (3 loops on hook - leave them there)

step 4: holding last loop of ea st on hook
3 dtr in same st as last cluster (6 loops on hook - leave them there)

step 5: sk 5 sts
holding last loop of ea st on hook
3 dtr in next st (9 loops on hook)
yo, draw thru all 9 loops
ch 1 to close cluster
note: the last step 5 cluster of row 6 is worked in the base of the first ch-6
can someone explain how to do it?? lol thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom