BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Good idea...i'm like hu???
gig.gif

We are cold & nasty here. Freezing drizzle.
roll.png

I'm not thinking of any chickens inside. I just thought of it one day, of how you take care of the situation. I had some funny images!
gig.gif

You know SE, It isn't to bad.
thumbsup.gif

Nice closet newchicks!!! Love the afghan queen made ya!

Thanks for the closet props everyone!
woot.gif
I love it.

OK, I need some crochet help. I made my first semi-successful first two rows. However, how do I keep it from looking like a curly piggy tail? I'm guessing my stitches are too tight, uneven, what??

I have a feeling that one's crochet stitches may mirror their personalities? ahem, if you are a little stressed or tightly wound, it may come out on the hook?
gig.gif

9672_img_0346.jpg

Quote:
What pattern are you doing?
What yarn and what size Hook?

I had that problem when I tried to start a sweater , just couldn't get it right. I think I just couldn't get the pattern right, for me.

SE and Scoot would be the best ones to figure this out I would guess.

Oh by the Jennifer, if I send you back the empty jar plus a couple more do I get refills on the jam??
gig.gif

It great Yummm I have what is left hidden in the fridge so I can have it for my baggels
gig.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif
Yep, I think that would help algo!

OK, I should have been more specific!

I am using an "H" hook as recommended by the Crochet for Newbies book!
wink.png
I am not using any pattern (yet). This is just my first attempt at crochet period. I just made a nice long chain, then went to the next row and did the double crochet? I copied what they did on some of the YouTube crochet links that I found and what my book said....

celebrate.gif
I'm glad you liked the jam Karan!! I was very pleased with how it turned out, being my first attempt and all! I can't wait till summer when the blackberries come back! I'll definitely be making more...

Newchicks, do you ever see elderberry plants growing in your area? They grow everywhere around here (TN) on the sides of the road. Most ppl think they are just weeds but I made several jars of jam with them this year and to me anyway, they are better than blackberry and full of vit. C and antioxidants. I made my first batch of jam this year too and can't wait till picking time this summer!

Quote:
ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Scrambled Egg wrote:
Jennifer you get the closet award!!! Great job..how long would it take you to get to NC??!! Your picture is so cute, you look like the stereotypical "girl next door"!!!!

hehe. I can be on the next plane out of SF! Woohoo! I'll come as long as I don't have to bring the kiddos with me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave em with Dad, his punishment for sharing the kid seeds in the first place, lol!!!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

OMG! I just crocheted a Barbie skirt!
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
I WAS thinking maybe I would start with a washcloth, but it looks more like the beginnings of a Barbie skirt or poncho....Hmmmm... I think I may be good at making Granny Rounds instead of squares! What a mess!
gig.gif
gig.gif
I think I may need more help than you guys can provide!
lol.png

9672_img_0349.jpg

My first attempt at making slippers, ended up being a barbie tank top. So dont worry bout that, finish it out and see how it does. lol
I did a square that became a wonderful hat for Caydence's stuffed puppy, and a poncho that looks awesome paired with the hat. lol

The curl is probably from you not having enough lines on it yet to keep it held straight.
Your doing great!

ha ha ha Newchick I have done that plenty of times! I usually do that the first time I start a new pattern if it's not like something I've done before, and then I have to rip it out and do it over. I usually get it by the 2nd or third time. If not I blame it on the pattern
lol.png

I have been drinking cranberry juice like a crazy person.
big_smile.png
It seems to be helping... I haven't felt the baby move much in the last two days though. It has me really nervous. The back pain has lessened. Maybe I am just lulling him/her to sleep with my eating
lol.png

fl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom