BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
My nephew got married a year ago this last September and did the wedding photos. And it just so happens they had some similar colors. I will post some of what my sister and I put together for the decorations. She did the buying I helped with the applying.

Anyone got an email or PM from Maw??? She hasn't been here since Dec 28th. I PMed her a little bit ago so I hope we hear from her soon.

big_smile.png
Karan

Thanks for the good wishes everybody, I do appreciate them. The last visit with my regular doctor, she asked me about how the therapy was going and did I have any thoughts about suicide. I told her I had my animals to take care of, so that was not an option.
lau.gif
Even with all the problems they can create, they were the only thing keeping me somewhat sane!
droolin.gif

The funny thing is that my regular PC doctor, my therapist and my shrink are all women, through the VA. They seem to be more competent than my former male doctors.:lol

Although I do have one male doctor, who finally diagnosed me with Lynch's Disease. He is my Gastroenterologist. You know the one that gets to give you those really fun exams with a camera you know where!
ep.gif

Quote:
Here ya go No Chicks

This was as the cake was going together. Shows the folding panels behind the cake table and if ya look to the left we hung mylar streamer curtains over the windows they were silver and royal blue.
12535_xict0107.jpg

Getting tables covered with a royal blue plastic covers and others were white. Also used some blue covers to cover the wooden collums
then wrapped white tole and silk ivy on them also.
12535_xict0025.jpg

They were going to Hawaii for Honey Moon so decorated the bar for that theme
12535_xict0100.jpg

Little dishes of mints and mini chocolate bars with special labels were in the middle of all the guests tables. Along with disposable cameras, gel candles in dollar tree bought stem ware on mini mirros.
12535_xict0029.jpg

Here this will give you idea of how we did the Wedding Parties table.
12535_xict0618.jpg

We decorated the garden area for the Ceremony with silk flowers, ivy and tole.
12535_xict0340.jpg

The cake table with the fountain lit and flowing.
12535_xict0513.jpg

If ya want to see some more I will post some later. I hope that gives you some ideas.

Congrats on the up coming wedding. They are a lot of work But can be so much fun and so rewarding.
clap.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

Last edited:
NoChicks, I forgot to mention something about chicks in the house.... this is 20 times worse that them dropping bombs on the floor.... and that is... DUST!!!

I highly recommend to anyone who has never had chicks but wants them and needs to have them in the house (and hasn't read any other thread on this site about chicks)...because of weather or whatever... Have a closet or a room that you can keep *just* the chicks in! Just the chicks - nothing else... unless you don't care that it will be coated in dust for the rest of your lifetime... I don't regret my chicks, but I am going to be VERY happy to get them onto the porch.
Live and learn... tomorrow's cleaning project is going to earn DH some BIG big points because I *can't* dust (oh darn) due to bad allergies...if the dust is laying down, I can take it...if it is flying around the house, I have to run and hide or wear a dust mask for the next 3 days. yippee!
Sorry
duc.gif
didn't mean to go off on that... just wanted to warn anyone who is on their way to chickdom in their house.
wink.png

07.gif

It's awfully quiet and I should be in bed still...it's pitch black outside. I am getting a bit anxious (which, aside from my other animals waking me up wanting food, is probably why I am awake, not to mention this darn cold
badcold5qz.gif
) about my porch brooder project...it's pretty darn cold on that porch at night... right then, I will try to go back to
zzz.gif

Hope all the other early birds and the rest of my hooker peeps have a great day! I will probably be checking in later.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you! She's a black star (black sex link) which is what all of the black ones (even with the red on them) are. I didn't think they would have any red. I might have some austrolorps in there since some of my black ones are really huge, but I am not sure.
hu.gif

Last edited:
The funny thing is that my regular PC doctor, my therapist and my shrink are all women, through the VA. They seem to be more competent than my former male doctors.:lol

No doubt about that of course!!! Hope all goes well Chuck!!

Karan that wedding was so pretty!! Love the outdoor gazebo and all the column wrappings and other decorations..NICE!!!

I think Jessica (Maw) goes through spells where she is off the computer awhile then on alot, I do sometimes get an email from her though and haven't lately..maybe she is buried in another storm with internet out? Hope things are ok and her husband got himself a job.
fl.gif
fl.gif

Cold and dreary here today...oh darn, I'll just have to hook awhile, lol!​

wedding speaking... I had the bird seed tossing things... look like a rose, with the blue, silver and white. Seeds went inside, you tucked down the top, and it looked like a rosebud.
Will try to find a better descriptive later... lol

Repost with some corrections....I am using an I hook on the cotton Okie. And it really is more even and neater than this picture looks, the cotton holds it's shape really well and still it's soft. I like working with it and will be maing some more washcloths with it this year, mostly I used white for that last year though, might use the colored cotton for dishcloths this year and I do have that whimsical potholder pattern book that has a chicken in it, need to try that too!..maybe at some point we can have a potholder or dish cloth swap, lol!!
HPIM9733.jpg
HPIM9734.jpg
..It's a made up pattern but this is it....
chain 160
(between the ** this will be the same set at the end of the aghan) **dc in yellow the first row
3 & 4 hdc in mardi gras
5 dc in sunburst
6 dc in yellow
7dc in m.g.
8 hdc in sunburst
9 dc in yellow
10 & 11 hdc in m.g.
12 dc in yellow**(this whole sequence will be repeated at the end)
13 - 19 V stitch in m.g.
20 hdc in yellow
21 - 27 hdc in sunburst
28 hdc in yellow
30 - 36 V stitch in m.g
37 hdc in yellow
38 - 44 hdc in sunburst
45 hdc in yellow
46 - 52 V stitch in m.g.
53 hdc in yellow
54 - 60 repeat sequence of 21 - 53 & so on until the last "set" of 1 - 12. Hope that isn't clear as mud!!! Nice easy stitches to watch tv and crochet by and still shows off the LOUD veriagated pattern and balances some with the solid hdcs...of course it's made up so change it however you want. At the place the picture is now I just began my third roll of each so I would guesstimate an afghan being maybe 9 skiens of each? Hook on!!

Edited to make a few changes..first I was mistaken about my hook size, it is an I, had to look with my glasses on! Then I changed the alternating hdc sets and the v stitch sets to stay with the vstitch sets all mardi gras and the hdc sets all sunburts..seems to look better...here is a recent picture..
HPIM9755.jpg
HPIM9756.jpg
and I must be loosing my mind but these colors are growing on me alittle bit!! lol!

I am Blind!!!!
Just kidding! That is a whole lot of brightness!!!
Your DD will love it. I know mine would.

FrChuck! good luck! I am SSDI for a back thing. Had surgery 4 years ago and they couldnt put humpty back together again. I sure hope you are okay.

caf.gif
Its a beautiful morning and the sun may actually shine today! Everyone have a great day! Jeanmarie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom