BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I think at this time of year, one a day from 5 hens is good numbers. A lot of the breeds dont lay well if at all during the cold months.
RIR, Black Astros, barred rocks, Pretty much your brown egg layers are the cold weather layers.

Quote:
hmmm that theres a perplexing kaddywhompus situation i dare say! LOL

Be glad there arent any hangerdillys on it!
lau.gif

Quote:
hmmm that theres a perplexing kaddywhompus situation i dare say! LOL

Be glad there arent any hangerdillys on it!
lau.gif

lol or dillrods or how bout them yonders LOL

Just dropping in for a quick Howdy!

Got sick with the other pain pills. They switched me out and the new ones absolutely BOMB me. Oxicontins I think?? I didn't know it was possible to sleep so much.
hmm.png

Anyway, we have a ton of snow up here. Wish I could get a picture taken of our "Winter Wonderland". It's so pretty. My husband says we have 14 inches, and more forecasted to fall all week!

I'm spending my next few days laying so, so still. I was up trying to move around too much and got an awful pain for it. Please don't ever break your collar bone. It is NOOOOO fun.
hmm.png

frow.gif

Em

Hey since we were talking bout how many eggs we were getting today, anyone know how many years is normally expected for a barred rock to lay befor she starts to slow down to the point feed is being wasted on her? I know that sounds harsh but I have chickens for eggs first and as pets second.
I know I should go to the other chicken discussions to ask this but most yall all have chickens too.

Quote:
You would join with a slip stitch to make the ring and then do your first sc IN THAT JOINING SLIP STITCH, then move on around the ring and chain however many and then repeat or whatever the pattern says. In that babysquare pattern it has dc clusters beginning in the slip stitch, makes a nice looking center part of a square or hexagon.
smile.png

Hope you're feeling better Em
wink.png
hugs.gif

Hey since we were talking bout how many eggs we were getting today, anyone know how many years is normally expected for a barred rock to lay befor she starts to slow down to the point feed is being wasted on her? I know that sounds harsh but I have chickens for eggs first and as pets second.
I know I should go to the other chicken discussions to ask this but most yall all have chickens too.

Purple, most folks say they start slowing down after 2 years and by 3 they are laying very randomly and tapering off as the years go by with an egg whenever!
wink.png

G'mornin!!!! Alyssa's up and off to school, the nursery chicks are all fed and watered, and the ones inside are too. Uncle's dogs are goin potty, and I've gotten the kitchen swept. So now, get the brat to leave me alone, and I'll get started on my squares for the day. I'm aiming for at least two done before lunch time...
fl.gif
That's if I dont have to help situate the new birds we got last night. Sold 32 chicks yesterday, traded 6 chicks for a game cock, hen and chick.. yay!

Good Morning! Up with my rooster crowing! I now have a theory that he crows to say good morning, he crows to say feed me, he crows to show off and he crows to say feed me again, and then he crows to say good night.

My egg production is at about 14/15 and when I am lucky 18 from 23 hens. My tricks are the same as Skand's. Oh and a light on a timer set to go on around 2:30AM and off at 8:30AM.

I've got a one-eyed hen in the house (injury) and the cats think I am nuts, because the hen is trying to pretend she's a cat. My chicks are doing much better and my outside hens are probably feeling neglected, since all of the excitement moved inside.

otterly_fantastic_day.JPG

Last edited:
You would join with a slip stitch to make the ring and then do your first sc IN THAT JOINING SLIP STITCH, then move on around the ring and chain however many and then repeat or whatever the pattern says. In that babysquare pattern it has dc clusters beginning in the slip stitch, makes a nice looking center part of a square or hexagon. smile

lol I'm trying to make amirugumi chicks for my kids for Easter, so that is the beginning of it. Does that mean I still "join" with a slip stich? I'll post the directions. I made one last night and instead of egg shaped, it turned out like a hackey sack LOL! So now we have a bright yellow hackey sack cause I went a head and filled it with beans
lol.png

Body [Colour: yellow]
Rnd 1: 7 sc in a ring (7)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st around (14)
Rnd 3: *sc in next st, 2 sc in next st* around (21)
Rnd 4: *sc in next 2 st, 2 sc in next st* around (28)
Rnd 5-9: sc in each st around (28)
Rnd 10: *dec, sc in each of next 2 st* around (21)
Rnd 11: sc in each st around (21)
(Stuff fiberfill)
Rnd 12: *dec, sc in each of next 1 st* around (14)
(Stuff more fiberfill if needed)
Rnd 13: *dec* around (7)
Closing up

Em I sure hope you recover quickly!!
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom