BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good Lord Skand you weren't playing when you said crazy! Well, she is either crazy or trying to get back at you for something she was mad about when she packed your glass in with canned goods.
lol.png

baby_its_cold_outside.gif

And that's no lie! Hannah's school already got closed for tomorrow. It's currently 3 degrees, 13 below zero windchill, and dropping to 15 below normal temp with 20-40 below windchills, tonight.

The big chill continues tomorrow with 2 below base temp and 20-40 below windchills. *sigh* I am so not looking forward to doing my chores tomorrow. I just hope my chickens will be ok.

gdnite1.gif

WE GOT our INTERNET Back
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif

and all our settings YEah
celebrate.gif

Here is our Just now weather off of our local forecast

Currently At 8:19PM
[ More ]
Clear
-2°F
RealFeel
00ae.png

-17°F
Winds: NW
at 10mph (yeah right more like 25mph) brrrrrrrr
Clear
Humidity: 70%
Dew Point: -10° F
Pressure: 30.62 in
Visibility: 8 Miles
Tomorrow
[ More ]
Cold
High: 6°F
RealFeel
00ae.png
: -8°F
Sunrise: 7:32 A

Just got a call that school is cancelled due to the extreme temptures so the recording stated.. Noah
ep.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
I get still play my wii
celebrate.gif
I had just told him to pause it and brush his teeth before we got the phone call.

Have been going out putting wood in the wood stove in the Greenhouse utility area, the house furnace, we have electric heaters on and a propane heater also in the greenhouse. The other morning we both went to sleep and didn't get back out for loading wood for about 4 hours, the temp in the greenhouse was 25.9...
ep.gif
Needless to say we have lost some plants and I believe we have more that we will have to clear out they look really sad
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
But we knew this was all trial and error right now and we are learning what is working and what we need to improve on.

Well folks I am going to make somemore hot tea and check my Baybghan Project thread, then get my yarn and get under some blankets,,,,,,Brrrrrr

big_smile.png
Karan

Hello all! I just finished seeing all the latest news!

I don't EVER want to move! Haven't moved since before we had kids. I can't imagine packing up this house. I'm sorry you have to move Queen Scoot!!

No chix! Sorry about DH's toe! That is NO fun. But, as everyone else said, it could be much worse.

hehe. I'm a night owl to Algo! I get my best work done after the kids are in bed. I hate mornings. Grrrr.

Glad you're back Karan! Thanks for the weather report! Makes me sooooooooo happy to be living in California!! It was in the 70's today!
woot.gif

I can't believe how time consuming these new little chicks are! The little banty is hanging in there, but now I know why it wasn't hatching on it's own. Mother Nature always knows best, but I couldn't stand watching it struggle to get out. It's little legs are not right. It's toes are smushed together, so I spread them out and put pink Hello Kitty band-aid boots on it. But it can't stand up straight like the others. The big chicks were being MEAN to the poor little thing, so little banty has his own mini shoebox brooder within the big brooder.
hide.gif

Just thought yall should know, while I was getting caught up on my reading on here, my lil boy is walking around the house throwing my crochet needle he found on the couch. I hear it hit the floor in one room then a few mins. later after a few squeals I hear it hit the wall in another room. My point being, if I never get my squares done and end up loosing my mind, yall will know why. I spend most of my day trying to find lost needles and just when I feel like crying and giving up forever, Isaac walks in the room with one in his hand!
th.gif
I have decided that it is impossible to find a hiding place that he can't find.
If I didn't keep my lil fold up sissors (sp) on a string around my neck he would be running around with them too.

Guess I will get to bed now. Said I wasn't going to sit up till 2am tonight and get to bed at a decent time so got to go now.

Night everyone
frow.gif

Algo, your DS must be about the same age as my DGD. LOL She can get more things, from more places than I can imagine. I kept thinking DGS must be giving them to her; but no, she climbs! So now I just try to put everything out of sight and then watch her like a hawk the whole time she's here. (She's 21 mo. old.)

I just hope my chickens will be ok.

They don't have their own bedroom with bunk beds???!!

I can't even imagine cold like that..thankfully!!! Just let the dogs out and thre is frost on my windshield again, yuck so cold here too. Glad this is my firday I am so tired and my house is such a mess..monday is a holiday too..whoo hoo!! Hook on ladies & gents!! Where's Luke btw?! At his kilt fitting appointment maybe??!​

Gosh Dangt it
rant.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
barnie.gif

I had just typed in a post for 10 minutesand hit my mouse wrong now I am starting over
barnie.gif
he.gif
he.gif
somad.gif
smack.gif
somad.gif

It HAPPENED AGAIN

Here is the weather here now

Now In Glenwood, MO

Currently At 6:13AM
[ More ]
Clear
-13°F
RealFeel
00ae.png

-25°F
Winds: W
at 8mph
Clear
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: -19° F
Pressure: 30.80 in
Visibility: 8 Miles
Tonight
[ More ]
Cold
Low: -13°F
RealFeel
00ae.png
: -11°F
Sunset: 5:09 PM
Today
[ More ]
Cold
High: 6°F
RealFeel
00ae.png
: -10°F
Sunrise: 7:32 AM

I last mannned the fire to the greenhouse at 2:40 am and the temp was 42.9 inside. I woke up in shock at 5:20am and the temp in there was 29.7
ep.gif
barnie.gif
hit.gif
rant.gif
barnie.gif
I jumped up and ranted at myself #@*$*&#
smack.gif
all the way out the door. There were still live coals in the stove so i started throwing kindling in and got flames going. DH came in and took over manning the stove while aI carried in more wood. As of Now at 6:30am he has had it roaring for an hour almost and it 32.8 in there
clap.gif
I could see that more plants are effected and will be taken out when I get home from the office.
hit.gif
rant.gif
This is not a venture for the faint at heart , and I don't even want to start on the COST $$$$ of it. I just hope that I can get things turned around. Will be statring all my seeds in the house where I have a bit better control of the temp.

To a brighter note Blossom Hen has found 2 more Momma's to be and they are thrilled to be added to our list. And are so eggcited to to get a warm cuddly afaghan for their new baby from BYC family. I am in hopes as the word is getting around about this project that we get more crocheters hooked into helping make squares
clap.gif
woot.gif

Well I guess I better get busy on crocheting myself
woot.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR its tooooooooooo cold!!!!!! gosh dang!!!! temp here is -10 and windchill about -25 wth i thought i lived in Oklahoma!!! gonna make the girls some hot oatmeal this morning as im sure they'll be cold. doubt if im even gona let them out.....to cold.
glad to see ya back Karan i've missed ya!!
well gals imma get some laundry done and packing then off to do chores!
STAY WARM EVERYONE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom