BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
ep.gif
lol.png
My mom helps clean her church & doen't get paid for it. But, they do appreciate it a lot.
Mangled, hope all goes well!
hugs.gif

Ris, I'm with you! zzzz.....zz......I was so tired last night woke up tired, went back to sleep & still woke up tired about 10 this am.
th.gif

We are working on a heat wave today! It is 14 above & feels like 1 above.
celebrate.gif

Still working on that glow in the dark afghan for Erin, not going to make my deadline either, loL! Drat, was hoping to be done with it and send it back with her!! I am halfway though..will take another picture when I'm through..I'll give warning so you can get your shades out!

http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/01/suzies-snowman-kids-hat-c.html

I'm
going to alter this pattern to make the chicken hat!! I think it will work. Leave out the hat and scarf and add chicken comb beak just like I did on the chicken I made. I have some buff fur and some homespun I think will make this darling. JUst thought I would share with you guys that were interested in the chicken hat. I still haven't had a lot of extra time to get on here. It seems that if I'm on the computer I have to give up other hobbies lol. I've been making some mesh skull caps with cute little flowers on them for all the girls. REally Cute!!
I'm ready for some warmer weather that is for sure!!!
hmm.png

It's kids nap time so I better go!!

One of my little roo's has frostbite!!!!
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
I have a heat lamp in there to keep the waterer from freezing, and they all usually huddle under it if it's really cold at night, but this little bugger usually stays to himself and doesn't huddle with the group. Now he's got a big huge purple spot on his comb!
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

ETA: ooooooookaaaaay so I went out there to check on them after I posted this and his comb is back to normal. What in the world?!?

Last edited:
He prolly just got it cold enough. Our roo, popcorn is notorious for getting a drink, shaking his head, and touching the tips of his comb to the metal waterer. Jim finally took it out and put it in with the EE pen. Thier combs are closer to the head, no touchy. lol

He prolly just got it cold enough. Our roo, popcorn is notorious for getting a drink, shaking his head, and touching the tips of his comb to the metal waterer. Jim finally took it out and put it in with the EE pen. Thier combs are closer to the head, no touchy. lol

LOL did he get his comb stuck to the waterer like on the movie "A Christmas Story"?
lol.png

They all at one point had gotten purplish combs, but this one was BAD. It was soooo purple, and it was in low light so I couldn't tell for sure, but it had a black look to it. But like I said, it was low light, I didn't leave the coop door open or open the widows to get more light in there to check if it was black right away, but I knew it was way darker than I had seen any of their combs get. I must have just caught it right in time I think.​

Em's husband here again. You know she worries more about you guys than most of her family? I'm serious. She made me promise to update the hooker thread. You should have seen the nurse look at her. She came through the surgery just fine. She is a bit more bruised than they would like her to be. They ran some labs and her INR was a bit low. No biggie, they're fixing it. She should come home tomorrow. Our heat failed in the coop sometime through the night, and we lost our wonderful rooster, Morgan and six hens. It was 13 below last night and the windchill was measured at 27 below. Em don't know yet, she'll be heartbroken. She sure loved that rooster.
I'll try to keep you updated. I'm not going to have her up and about for a week at least. She needs to heal. I'll pass the prayers on to her.

Thanks. Em's husband Scott

We think about her a lot too. Thoughts and prayers go to you and

Em. I hope you are feeling a lot better Em, when you get around to

reading this.
hugs.gif
So sorry about your chickens. It is so hard to lose them

them and especially when it seems "before their time" to go.

Bev

Em's husband here again. You know she worries more about you guys than most of her family? I'm serious. She made me promise to update the hooker thread. You should have seen the nurse look at her. She came through the surgery just fine. She is a bit more bruised than they would like her to be. They ran some labs and her INR was a bit low. No biggie, they're fixing it. She should come home tomorrow. Our heat failed in the coop sometime through the night, and we lost our wonderful rooster, Morgan and six hens. It was 13 below last night and the windchill was measured at 27 below. Em don't know yet, she'll be heartbroken. She sure loved that rooster.
I'll try to keep you updated. I'm not going to have her up and about for a week at least. She needs to heal. I'll pass the prayers on to her.

Thanks. Em's husband Scott

Thank you Scott for keeping us updated. We really are sort of an extended family here and when you son was ill we worried and stressed and prayed like only hookers can do, lol! Love her and wishing the best for a speedy recovery and return to hookin
smile.png

It is bitter, bitter cold today..great the day I start my pottery class and have to schlump across the community college campus with a rolly cart and 40 pounds of clay and tools, lol!!!! Gonna dress warm for sure!! That's 9 - 1 and then we have our banquet tonight and my daughter is home so busy day, hope everyone has a great one
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom