BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered my cookies but I was good. I have gained a few pounds since Xmas. Depressed and cold around here leads to me eating more than I should.
tongue.png
big_smile.png

I did get some scrapbooking done. Those of you having a problem I had a problem at first too. The internet is full of ideas and layouts and I get some ideas there. I also found that I set up a little card table in the corner of my bedroom and I leave the stuff out. If I get a few minutes I go work or set materials out and then it is there for the next time. I hated dragging everything out and putting it all back. I found that I get supplies online much cheaper. Walmart has some stuff that is decent prices, especially their paper. I buy the big packs and it last a long time.

I think we are going to have another nice day here. My chickies were so happy to get out in the pen yesterday.

I also found that I set up a little card table in the corner of my bedroom and I leave the stuff out. If I get a few minutes I go work or set materials out and then it is there for the next time.

This is an excellent idea!!!​

Just checking in
frow.gif

I like scrap booking also but I haven't been able to be as creative as my 2 younger sisters are at it. They both had or have their own corner or room setup with all their supplies and the whole bit. And talk about the cost Wow
ep.gif
Me I find it much easier to do my scrap book pages on my computer.
caf.gif
I had the Print Artist program and it makes some really creative pages. Then I just print them out + I can keep a copy on the computer. I do Back ups every now and then. So I have cd copies also.
old.gif
Which reminds me I am behind on sending some scrap book pages to Zoe, my DGD. This way I get to share activites with her long distance.
love.gif

I hope everyone has had or having a great weekend I have today off as it is MLK Day.
woot.gif

Well off to do some chores
wee.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

Last edited:
Aternoon all!
frow.gif

I have been doing a lot of lurking over the weekend.
caf.gif

Not much going on here going to TRY & get a lot unpacked today!!
fl.gif
There's not much, it is just getting at it. Use to be when we moved I would be unpacked in a week. Last 3-4 moves it's getting longer.
th.gif
Maybe it is time to quit moving!!!

Maw, I guess you do need to update the list on page one..we have 32 folks!! Here's a repost of the list...

springcrochetswap.jpg

Sign-Ups are now Open!
thYarnAddicts.jpg

th38163b14.jpg

Theme: "Anything Goes" Feel free to experiment and challenge your skills for this swap! Hexagons, Circles, Squares, Triangles, or "Other" crocheted shapes are all welcomed!! (No amigurumi in this swap.)

Color: Any! Mix it up or stay the same, up to you!

Size: 6" minimum - 12" maximum. Try to be consistent though, for example, all of your squares should be pretty near the same size, all of your circles should be pretty near the same size....

Pattern: Any! Feel free to mix up your patterns and make every square different or every hexagon different, or all the same, up to you!

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap.
thcrazyboutcrochetblinkie.jpg

Dates: Chat and gab and get to know one another in this thread. Post as often as you like! Official sign-up opens on February 1, 2009 and Closes on March 1, 2009. All items are due to me no later than May 1, 2009.

New folks are encouraged to visit with us here in this thread and post and get to know us! Chickens are not required, in fact several members of this group are not chicken owners! We are always happy to have new friends here in the crochet club! We'd love to have you join the fun, join the swap or any other projects that we have going on!!!!

When you have finished your Shapes, send me a pm and I'll send you my address so that you can mail in your work.

You will be required to send your crocheted shapes in individual ziplock bags with your username and real name on each bag. In addition, you will need to send $10.00 for Flat Rate return postage. Thanks so much!!!!!! Have fun!!!

thGraphILoveCrochetVirtual.jpg

Spring Swap Sign Up List:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) -Organizer
2. Mawchikkide - (Jessica)
3. RisuRocket - (Shanah)
4. CoffeeLady3 - (Dena)
5. NoChicksHere - (Susan)
6. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
7. Skand - (Stephanie)
8. Lutheran Chick - (Kay)
9. Head4dmtns - (Trish)
10. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)
11. Amy Quilt - (Amy)
12. Mangled - (Em)
13. TB1 - (Teri)
14. Purr - (Terry)
15. Elcunni - (Erin)
16. 1MommaHen - (Lynda)
17. EastTnChick - (Steph)
18. Ginger Chic - (Amy)
19. Greenapple - (Lisa)
20. Alpaca Chick - (Bonnie)
21. Jacie's Coop - (Jacie)
22. Algopurple - (Elizabeth)
23. JenJScott - (Jen)
24. NewChickenFamily - (Jennifer)
25. LovemyChix - (Tess)
26. Shmooborp - (Luke)
27. Redhen - (Wendy)
28. SewinCircle - (JeanMarie)
29. FrChuckW - (Chuck)
30. BackSwampGirl - (Sandra)
31. Pw_quiltworks - (Priscilla)
32. Charlie's Chick - (Sharon)

thturkey_knitting.gif

Hi Everyone!
frow.gif
I still haven't caught up on all the pages and I am not sure if I ever will, you gals chat so much, it is just enough to keep up the daily news!
lol.png
It is fun though. Well I picked up my crochet hook and made a couple squares last night, for no particular reason.

I am wondering why the swap has all different size squares allowed? Won't that be hard to put together like that? Call me dense, but whats up with that?
idunno.gif

Scrambles where do you get the glow in the dark yarn? That sounds awesome. Do you have any pictures posted of it?

Our Michaels is moving to a new location, so they are running out of yarn and not replenishing it till after the move. I think that is mid to late February. Walmart never seems to have much of a supply either. I need to check out some other places. I am trying to figure out a plan for an afghan for my 27 year old son. I want it to be warm, so not too many holes. And it probably won't get done till next October.

I have been making a lot of slipper socks lately too.

LOL!!! Kris that glow in the dark yarn is at Michaels but herrschners had some too..or do you mean that horrible colored afghan of my daughters? LOL!!! Thats all I heard this weekend, hurry up and finish it, I was thinking..I would LOVE to, lol!! We have been busy this weekend though so I haven't finished it, more than halfway though.

The squares and shapes all different sizes are mostly to expand everyone's skill base with the crochet, challenge folks to branch out and learn some new things. Alot of the granny sqaure afghans have different sized shapes but the hexagons and circles will probably end up being tote bags or borders or runners or things like that, this is just something different. I would imagine Maw will get back to basics in the fall...then again, who knows, lol!! Just have fun with it and be thinking pot holders and dish cloths as you make those circles, lol!!

Hey everyone I wont be able to get on here much anymore till I get my puter fixed or replaced. My brother thinks its my mother board. He is working on it when he gets the time. I am at his house using his net for now.

Karen, I sent you a PM with my address for the babyghan assembly.

Everyone take care. Hope to get back on here soon on my own puter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom