BYC Drawing Club(NEW!!!)

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by NixNoodleNumbat, Jan 6, 2012.

1. cochins1088

cochins1088 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2012
    Southern Minnesota
    Blending sticks are fairly cheap if you look hard enough. Otherwise I have a set of graphite pencils and a couple of charcoal pencils and thats it. For earasers, you can get good electric ones for small detail but my person favorites are those little colorful ones that you put at the end of a pencil. You can get a ton of them for cheap and they have nice ends, once you wear one out a bit, get a new one because you will have like 50 of them.

If you want to take drawing serious, I would say the most helpful things are graphite pencil set and the blending stumps.

2. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    I'm kind of at a stand still in my art. :/ I've taught myself all i can. and i CAN'T do art books. I just can't. and none of my family are artsy, besides my cousin and fiance, but they are in missouri.

3. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    I use those erasers! lol, they work perfect for about an hour. :lol:

Are you on DeviantArt? They have all kinds of tutorials, and just good reference pictures to look at.
    I can't use art books myself, and I am not particularly fond of most of the styles people teach with.
    I am self taught and slowly getting better, time is a major element.
    Have you tried focusing on one aspect of a certain thing you wish to draw? I have been trying to draw faces for years, I finally just gave trying to make a good-looking face appear on my paper. Then I started to just draw eyes, just doodle them for days. Then lips, noses, etc and I started to put the pieces together. Several epic face proportion tutorials on DA, they helped me immensely.

Have you posted any of your recent work, or what exactly you want to improve on?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  4. Chicks Galore3

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa

5. TechnoCat

TechnoCat Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2011
    Wherever Angel is~
    DeviantArt, WOOO!!! *flies around*
    *flies back to where she came from*
    *cough*Idon'thave*wheeze*onebutitis*hack, cough*whereIgetall*cough*myshimejisfor*hack*mylaptop*coughcoughcough*

6. Gomes Bantams

Gomes Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

i use the erasers at the end of a pencil.

7. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    lol.
    DeviantArt has everything. Everything except free icecream.

Google is your friend then! lol, just put it in there and be amazed at how may artists there actually are, of all skill levels!
    Talk about inspiration.

Well, then, not much different. My drawing human face example can apply to anything you want to draw. Break-it-apart.
    Levels of shading, how to shade different textures, in different lighting.
    Drawing different textures, pick one or two and just work with them for a bit.

Work in pieces, do studies. Everything is somehow connected, for example; my working with eyes has also helped me with drawing reflections and minute details. Not to mention my people are starting to look semi realistic. lol

8. I know bunches of you have dA accounts but I don't know who anyone is. lol I'm dezyduce. And, sadly, I don't have Dezy anymore! :[] I keep losing my password, so I wrote it in my bible..then I lost my bible. lol *facepalm*

9. Ugh, I can't draw in pen. I tried once, since there were no pencil to be found and I had an hour to just sit. (it was a horrible, pencil-less time of torture) My horsey..uhm..well see he has five legs and way too many lines. [​IMG] Seeeeeee:

[​IMG]

But then I also drew some mountains:

[​IMG]

I needed a pencil.
    Really bad.

10. Chicks Galore3

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by