BYC Drawing Club(NEW!!!)

I would like honest opinions it will help me improve :D

Last edited:
I would use a .05 mech pencil to add extra detail to the fur. You can see the light and dark sections in the fur pretty clearly. You might want to try and make it a bit more seemless.
Thank you!! The problem is I have no drawing pencils what soever. I use a pencil with an eraser on the end and that's all I got. I'll save some money and buy some drawing supplies. I'll go blend the dark and light fur a little more too.

I would use a .05 mech pencil to add extra detail to the fur. You can see the light and dark sections in the fur pretty clearly. You might want to try and make it a bit more seemless.

I think you have done well. I do think you need to put some shadow under his chin. See how it gets lost in the neck fur. The nose comes forward so it would be a recessed area under it and there would be a shadow there.

I would like honest opinions it will help me improve :D

Well, Aunt Ruth said to use special pencils to add detail, and while I think that's important, what's more important are the proportions (anatomy), gesture, and idea behind it.
I have the same problem sometimes.
I would recommend making more loose sketches as opposed to finished work. Get the idea down and elaborate on it if necessary. It looks odd if you concentrate on little details without understanding the things you learn while sketching.

It doesn't matter how "fancy" your supplies are at this point. I sketch with normal pencils all the time.

Well, Aunt Ruth said to use special pencils to add detail, and while I think that's important, what's more important are the proportions (anatomy), gesture, and idea behind it.
I have the same problem sometimes.
I would recommend making more loose sketches as opposed to finished work. Get the idea down and elaborate on it if necessary. It looks odd if you concentrate on little details without understanding the things you learn while sketching.

It doesn't matter how "fancy" your supplies are at this point. I sketch with normal pencils all the time.

I really don't consider a mechanical pencil fancy equipment. I mostly use them for school. Regardless, this is video illustrates the technique I was trying to describe.

Back
Top Bottom