Do you garden?

• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
The new kid in town. I have posted him on several threads. I am proud.

Awesome, a gardening thread! :)
Don't know how I missed this one?
Super exited about getting some plants started as soon as we get some decent weather. Have a homemade greenhouse built out of a 14' trampoline to get started earlier this yr.
Couple new items also. Have multiplier potato onions, some planted this fall and saved some for spring cause I was unsure when to plant. Also have a bunch! of egyptian walking onions a real nice awesome BYC member from Oklahoma sent me. And they're plants! not just the top set bulbs that seed companies sell. I imagine they'll take off much faster. :)

Awesome, a gardening thread! :)
Don't know how I missed this one?
Super exited about getting some plants started as soon as we get some decent weather. Have a homemade greenhouse built out of a 14' trampoline to get started earlier this yr.
Couple new items also. Have multiplier potato onions, some planted this fall and saved some for spring cause I was unsure when to plant. Also have a bunch! of egyptian walking onions a real nice awesome BYC member from Oklahoma sent me. And they're plants! not just the top set bulbs that seed companies sell. I imagine they'll take off much faster. :)
Good luck on you new greenhouse.

Just started my pepper seeds. Got red bell peppers, jalapenos, Thai chilies, and Romanian Rainbow peppers going. In two weeks we're going to go buy our weed sheeting for the plot. The plan is to till with all the dead leaves I've been collecting and composting, then cover with the sheeting until after Easter when things warm up to kill off any seeds from the weeds.

I have been concentrating on my goat pasture lately. Near the end of this month I will be setting out broccoli, cabbage, and potatoes. I have the cabbage and broccoli already started. I hope you have a good season.

The flock are making good use of their sun room. They are all out shuffling through the leaves, all day long, except on the coldest, nastiest, blusteriest days. I've given them some grit, but see it wasn't necessary as they've excavated down to bare soil in several spots, and it appears that the soil is not frozen. Sun room stays about 10 - 15* above outside temp. Coop goes 10 - 20 degrees higher. So, even in the dead of a Maine winter, the flock are busy at work, making compost for me.

Green house was up to 85* today, so I took the hoses out and watered it. The soil is still frozen, but it appears that several spinach plants, several chard, the parsley, and some kale have survived the deep freeze. But, the weather to come: wild swings between 100* and below 0* will be the most taxing on their survival.

Back
Top Bottom