BYC gardening thread!!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Mar 7, 2013.

1. No

8 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. Yes

459 vote(s)
    96.0%
  3. Have in the past

11 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Who here is gardening this year, or is planning a garden? I sure am! We all love our very own fresh fruit and veggies right? Well, that is why I started this thread.This thread is for sharing ideas, giving advice, having fun, sharing pics info etc!
    So lets start!

Today I planted some Asparagus, some beans, and a few Squash seeds! (Planted indoors, and I will transplant to garden later in the year) I also hope to plant carrots, Potatoes, and Lettuce as well!

What are you going to plant?

(Flowers and flower gardens are welcomed to this thread)

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. TravisE

TravisE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    i have some tomato and peppers started inside. im growing giant pumpkins for the 3rd year. you can see me nealed besided my 650lber from last year as my avatar.

AleighaAcre likes this.
  3. Mr MKK FARMS

Sep 27, 2012
    Wow!! I love your avatar! We tried growing Tomatoes a few years ago but the failed. (Wasn't hot enough for them)
    Last year I grew Squash, Zucchini, Potatoes, and Lettuce! (Lettuce Failed)

4. TravisE

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    thanks. that pumpkin was only on the vine for 61 days. for two day it put on around 40lbs a day.

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Sep 27, 2012
    Wow, that is impressive! :)
    How many pumpkins do you usually grow each year?

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Sep 27, 2012
    We also have an Orchard and we grow Strawberrys!! They are so Delicious! [​IMG]

7. TravisE

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    i only grow 2 a year. my 1st year i grew 163lber and a 154lber. this past year i grew the 650lber and 140llber that never took off. for what ever reason. they are fun to grow. if you have the space for them. if your interested in them. check out bigpumpkins.com. there is alot of nice people on there that will send you sends for just the price of a bubble envolope and some stamps.

8. Angel16

Angel16 Chillin' With My Peeps

My brother and I have a vegetable garden each my brother started his along time ago but i have had mine for 2 years. my brother grows, two kinds of tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, peas, raspberry, watermelon, blackberries, beans, swiss chard,corn, radishes, and melons. and i grow, carrots strawberries, potatoes. and behind the veggie garden there is a apple orchard.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. Mr MKK FARMS

Sep 27, 2012
    Okay, I'll have to check that out. But the only problem would be that we don't have much garden space, most of our land is grass and forest!
    Have you ever grown any types of fruit or berry? We tried Blueberrys. They failed cause we didn't take care of them very well.

10. Mr MKK FARMS

Sep 27, 2012
    Nice, how big is it? I would love to see pics... :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by