BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
I have Sportsman Cabinet and I put in guinea eggs, about 300 of them! Last year I struggled to get 10% this year I getting 90%!next I'm going to try pea eggs!

How does everyone introduce their keets to their grown birds... Mine are confined now... So I'm Worried they are set in their ways in their place. If we have a hatch I will be likely putting them in together. Maybe putting them in the chicken tractor with a little coop up against the guinea coop?

First time guinea mom.

This morning my 5 guineas (1 male 4 females) went out to forage. They usually return around mid-day for water and food.
So far only one female has returned. I've checked all their regular "haunts" and their routine circle. No sign of the other 4.

I can't imagine what could have gotten 4 guineas.

I know they may come home for the evening (usually around 6 p.m.).
Most of the time they put themselves up for the night at around 8 p.m. and I just have to shut the door for them.

Curious more than worried.

First time guinea mom.

This morning my 5 guineas (1 male 4 females) went out to forage. They usually return around mid-day for water and food.

So far only one female has returned. I've checked all their regular "haunts" and their routine circle. No sign of the other 4.

I can't imagine what could have gotten 4 guineas.

I know they may come home for the evening (usually around 6 p.m.).
Most of the time they put themselves up for the night at around 8 p.m. and I just have to shut the door for them.

Curious more than worried.

Guinea put up a good fight so if there was foul play there would be signs of a struggle and feathers all over the place ...

Just my experience ....

Guinea put up a good fight so if there was foul play there would be signs of a struggle and feathers all over the place ...

Just my experience ....

I would think so too. Especially with 4 missing :) I'll keep an eye out this evening.
Just surprised me that only one returned. They stick together like glue usually.

So mad I could spit nails. 4 weeks ago reserved guineas from rural king told 2 weeks to get them found out later no one ordered. Was told we would get them today still no guineas. Does any one know a where I can get guineas in indiana?
sorry my last post was for you! I am in indiana with guineas!!

Back
Top Bottom