BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
A 4th guinea showed up today. No idea when or where from, but she looks fine. The other three have let her take lead, so I'm thinking all will be well. So one male and three females back. Maybe #5 will show back up too...Who knows :)

Guineas are definitely NOT boring brids! That's for sure!

They are only 14 weeks old. Isn't that a little young for nesting?

Too young! Usually about 4 to 5 mo.

That's what I thought.

I think a hawk or something got one of the 5 and the others scattered and have finally made their way home. They are sticking very close to the house. Actually up under the porches and carports. When they go from the house to the barn they run as fast as they can or fly as if something is chasing them ;)

Good day! I am new here. I live in Fort Wayne, In. and my brother and his wife live in rural Columbia City, In. which is in NE Indiana. We are setting up a small flock of 20 chicken hens and one Roo, but so wanted to have about 5-8 guineas of varied colors . The only problems is that in order to buy some from a big operation you are forced to buy 15 or more. So we are looking for some one or some place where we could buy that few at a time fairly near here.. Does any here know of a source close to us zip code here is 46805.?
Thanks ahead of time. Hope some one is watching this site now.

Last edited:
This is a duplicate entry, since I didn't get to click on how I wanted to get notified on any reply.
Good day! I am new here. I live in Fort Wayne, In. and my brother and his wife live in rural Columbia City, In. which is in NE Indiana. We are setting up a small flock of 20 chicken hens and one Roo, but so wanted to have about 5-8 guineas of varied colors . The only problems is that in order to buy some from a big operation you are forced to buy 15 or more. So we are looking for some one or some place where we could buy that few at a time fairly near here.. Does any here know of a source close to us zip code here is 46805.? Thanks ahead of time. Hope some one is watching this site now.

Yes go back a few pages in this tred and there you will find people in your area looking to sell some of their new hatches ....

Hello from East Texas. I'm new to chickens and even newer to Guinea's. I have 7 guinea's that are 3wks old now. I got them at 2 days old. I have 15 acres and I am wondering what is a good number to have for this size of property. It's mostly wooded.

The only trouble I seem to be having with my little ones, is that one has been having a blockage issue and is now very small compared to the others. I've been soaking it's tush a couple times a day, and while it's not getting better, it's not getting any worse. I've also added raw oatmeal to their diet. Any advise would be appreciated! I've grown fond of the little thing.

Add Brad's Apple Cider Vinegar to their water. I have found that to help with pasty butt on chicks and keets.

Add Brad's Apple Cider Vinegar to their water. I have found that to help with pasty butt on chicks and keets.
Thank you! I always have that on hand because it's so good for digestion in people. I will start that today! The poor little baby stays still during the soak, but I can tell when things are about to move, because she (I think a girl) gets wiggly.

Back
Top Bottom