BYC Homeschoolers??

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are, I have a 7th grader and a 3rd grader. We are actually using the Idaho Virtual Academy curriculum. This is our first year, although dd and I sort of homeschooled in kindergarten. It is hard but I am really enjoying it so far and feel that we are all learning alot.

frow.gif

woot.gif
for home schoolers!
thumbsup.gif

Yep, that would be us, here in TX. We've got a 4th grader, a 2nd grader, a K, and a 2 year old. We love it, too. Although the house never looks clean.......
We're in Albuquerque at the moment, enjoying the Balloon Fiesta. One of the perks of homeschooling, of course!
-Jennifer

Yep, that would be us, here in TX. We've got a 4th grader, a 2nd grader, a K, and a 2 year old. We love it, too. Although the house never looks clean.......
We're in Albuquerque at the moment, enjoying the Balloon Fiesta. One of the perks of homeschooling, of course!
-Jennifer

Yup, another Home Schooler here. There are actually quite a few of us here.

If you do a search for Home Schooling you'll find some great threads.

I homeschooled my son through high school due to lack of decent environment up here. It was through a charter school so I didn;t have to come up with the cirrciulum or testing. IT WAS GREAT! Our largest high school up here has a 51% drop out rate. Isn't that awful????

I'm homeschooling my 6 year old, 1st grade. She has very
severe asthma exacerbations when she catches a virus or
a cold. She missed around 3 months of school last year, when we finally decided to not send her back to the public
school and keep her home. SHE HASN"T BEEN SICK A DAY SINCE LAST MARCH!!!!!!! (knock on wood)

I've been shocked after reading what the requirements are for kindergarten and 1st grade. SHE's been way ahead of
public schools all along. In fact, she is adding, subtracting &
multiplying double digit numbers in her head, learning to read music, and play the piano, sounding out 3-4-5 syllable
words,....and loooooves science (which they don't even
teach at this age level in Oklahoma).

Even though it wasn't our original plan, homeschooling is
going to be waaaaaaaay better for her in the long run. Lots
of people ask about her lack of social life. They obviously
don't know my child! I am bartering my time at the front
desk of her dance studio so that she can take ballet, jazz,
tap, & tumbling. Plus we go to lots of community events,
church, play dates & have just joined the local homeschool
organization that plans many activities. My problem is going
to be keeping our social calendar under control!!!LOL

Status