BYC in the NC news

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by nccatnip, Jun 16, 2008.

1. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Wow, nice story!!! Seems everyone is getting in on the action. Are the Gerrards members here?

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    The Charl Obs was looking for chicken owners to step forward for the story a few weeks back. I would have loved to have them come by here but I was not about to call attention to my chickens here.

I'm sure there were LOTS of folks in the same situation - not willing to go public with their names used for fear of backlash by their snooty neighbors who feel chickens are too lowly for their neighborhood.

We got us a LOOOOOOOOTTTTT of transplants here who probably have no idea what end of a chicken produces the egg. It's hard to find anyone from Charlotte, much less North Carolina in Charlotte anymore. When I first started working uptown, people asked you what neighborhood you lived in. NOW, they ask "where are YOU from??".

And, it's really really hard to find a home in Mecklenburg county without some sort of neighborhood covenances with all the new developments and constrution. I personally wouldn't want to live where there are so many 'rules' - in some cases down to what type of grass you have to sow so that everyone's houses look just the same. Ah well, different strokes for different folks, I guess...

Anyway, I just hope none of those folks have problem because they agreed to be interviewed. It is good to see a local article about chickens and a VERY prominent mention of BYC!

3. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Hehe..cool! I forwarded the article on to my parents so they could see too! LOL! I'm not even near Charlotte, but they still think I'm a bit wacky for raising chickens in the backyard!

Stacy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by