BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
For an extra warm winter scarf, I knit it in knit 1, pearl 1, ribbing. The ribbing pulls together, since there isn't any tension stretching it out, like with a sweater. So, it looks like stockinette, on both sides, but it's twice as thick. I used a tweedy type of yarn in brown and charcoal colors, so it looked very "manly."
wink.png

Woodland, thanks for the "manly scarf" suggestion. I'm not so good at ribbing, but I could give it a try. I like the idea of both sides looking the same.

HELLLLOOOOOOO!!!!! Have to check in here every now and again and say hi to my knitting friends!!! Looks like ya'll are making alot of nice Christmas gifts! I love the look of knitting and can get by making scarves with the fat needles but, like Miss Prissy, I do prefer the crochet..AND I am so much less dangerous with one hook!! Nice to see some of ya'll I haven't seen on the forum in a while! Feel free to drop in on the crochet thread too, your Queen graces that thread too so you won't get thrown out of the palace for the visit!! Have a great day ya'll!!
wink.png

Wildsky.....what a neat hat that you are working on there. I have to make one for my son. I've spun wool yarn for a hat for him, but haven't dyed it yet.....now if I use that pattern natural would be a great, I don't have to dye it.

MissPrissy.....I will have to try that pattern for fingerless gloves...it is a little different from the ones I make.

I can't post pictures, but I've posted links to pictures to a few things that I've made, but I'm not sure if anybody has checked them out....if you want to see it is on the previous page of this thread....I think pg. 38.

Quote:
http://greasy.com/nittineedles/fingerless_gloves_needles_free.html

Mitts.

Mitts cover the fingers - in one "pocket" and not each finger. A Fingerless glove/mitt is what you're looking for. Also known as wrist warmers, or gauntlets (longer up the arm)

For fingerless gloves you might need to knit the first part of each finger. The wrist warmers etc.. leave a hole for the thumb and stop at the base of the finger, so you don't knit the little finger pieces or separate holes.

There is also GLOMITT'S - which are the fingerless gloves, with a "flap" type pocket to put over your fingers when needed, the flap thingie attaches to the back of the hand with velcro when not in use.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom