BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Randy Roo: One of the sweaters I was looking at was called a 5 hour raglan. The only problem was the sleeves and pockets threw me off a bit in the pattern. I would appreciate the pattern you have if it is not too much trouble. I would need an XL in worsted weight. I don't like to sport weight either. I used it for my godson's christening blanket and didn't like how slow it worked.

Wildsky: Usually things my DS deems not worthy of his time wind up in the recycling box or burn barrel pile.
barnie.gif
Now my DH has learned to look a little closer as he burns.

Quote:
I haven't knitted a sweater yet, but I would guess it would be easiest to knit with bulky yarn. Get the books Big City Knits and Weekend Knits. They have patterns for lots of clothing in super bulky yarn. They are beautiful, I knitted a pair of gloves in a half hour. I have a problem to commiting to projects that take a long time, so these patterns are perfect for me.

hehe If I could use a knitting needle as well as I can poke stuff with it, I'd try it....looks easy enough.
I just get lost in all the lingo.. same with crochet, but I have a better grasp as what to do with crochet. lol
Think my mom was terrified when I picked up my first knitting needle, so she told me she didn't know how to knit. Mainly, to keep me from trying it out. lol Or to keep me from making my older brother into a voodoo doll...

Hey Skand, that looks like a great pattern for a scarf or pillow:)

I'm almost finished w/a berry colored scarf in ribbing. Its k2, *p2,k3,p2,k3* to the end, where its p2. On the reverse side, its the opposite.

Gardengirl, where do you want the instructions? Here, or pm? Oops, looks like I left the booklet at my cabin, will have to run down and get it so let me know where to post.

Last edited:
okay, still looking around the house to see if I brought one of the two booklets to town before running out there, its about 1 degree outside, looks like;)

http://www.123stitch.com/Knitting_Sweaters.html Its the 9th book down, from toddlers to size 50 and very easy! I bought two in case I wore out the first one since this pattern can be used for life:)

http://www.leisurearts.com/category/Knitting/sub/Sweaters/p/3/s/Title/default.aspx
first row, third book...

its cold out and I really don't want to run across the tundra snow to get the book today, I will on a warmer day. I was outside it the cold all yesterday hauling 800 pounds of bird feed to all the coops, all five of them and one of those is a double coop so I hauled that 800#'s from the truck to the buildings, into the buildings and somehow misplaced the scratch, its there somewhere but was stacked in a coop as layer or broiler feed...feeling like just knitting today!

Last edited:
ohmygoodness snowy! Why didnt ya break out the sled team before haulin that yourself!
I gave it a lot of thought the other day, and nope, still dont think I'd ever find the coordination to do knitting. lol

Back
Top Bottom