BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Hmmm.... interesting..... now I'm not sure
tongue.png
LOL I taught myself from some little pamphlet from the 60's that was in with a bunch of needles I got at a yard sale
tongue.png

it took me a long time to learn the european method. But I had no choice because I had a frozen shoulder for a while and was in the middle of a project I had to finish. So I could knit but couldn't move my shoulder to wrap the yarn around.

Quote:
Then I guess I knit European. I used to knit the other way until I learned to crochet. I crocheted for several years and then when I took up knitting again, it was more natural that way. Now when someone says I knit funny, I'll just tell them them that I'm being continental. Ooh La La

Hi! Can I join?

I've been knitting for about 25 years but I'm an unrepentant hooker; my great-aunt got me into it when I was about 5. (That sounds awful except of course it's crochet).

Mom used to host what she called a "(rhymes-with-itch) and stitch" coffee, in which all her friends brought whatever yarn or needlecraft project they were working on. Everyone took turns hosting. It would be in the afternoon, and the hostess would serve coffee.

At least... it started out as coffee. Then someone had the idea of spiking the coffee with liqueur. Pretty soon the coffee pot just sort of stayed in the kitchen and everyone got *very* lively. No telling how many stitches were dropped.

Would anyone be interested in starting a rhymes-with-itch and stitch circle in Albuquerque?

Squeaky

(2 cats, 2 tenants, a massive garden, half a dozen future pullets but they're not HERE yet...)

Mom used to host what she called a "(rhymes-with-itch) and stitch" coffee, in which all her friends brought whatever yarn or needlecraft project they were working on. Everyone took turns hosting. It would be in the afternoon, and the hostess would serve coffee

Several best selling books with that title..look on Half.com for cheap books..so between the american and international knitting..if you only use the "fat sticks" is there a category for "Challenged" lol!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
If ya'll do straight strips I could join, otherwise, I will just have to keep dropping in on your thread here and driving you all nuts!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
Now get those needles flying!!
lau.gif

updated list
1) Scootersmom
2)cathyB
3)chickensista
4)Henriette23
5)writerofwords
6)catcrazyuk