Announcement BYC Learning Center REVIEW Project

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

Our AMAZING community did such a brilliant job with our HUGE 2018 Coop Page Rating Project, that we thought we should take advantage of the momentum and startup a brand-new project!

We want all of our members (and you visitors lurking that haven't joined yet... yeah YOU!!!) to submit REVIEWS for the 500+ Articles in our Learning Center

Steps:
    1. Visit THIS PAGE: https://www.backyardchickens.com/pages/lc/
    2. Click one of the links
    3. Read through the article
    4. Click a "Star Rating"
    5. Give the article a WRITTEN REVIEW (Feedback on what you liked, suggestions on how the article could be better, etc.)
    You can give a star rating by itself, but for this project we REALLY want members to submit full text REVIEWS. You are welcome to submit reviews anonymously if you want.

Our hope is that this will help us "bubble up" the best articles, while giving feedback on articles that need some attention, correction, etc.

The goal is to have 5 reviews for each article!

Good luck team!!!
    :thumbsup

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

Stats for this project starting right now:

Learning Center pages with reviews:

#Articles - reviews
    469 - 0 reviews
    55 - 1 reviews
    15 - 2 reviews
    9 - 3 reviews
    6 - 4 reviews
    5 - 5 reviews
    2 - 6 reviews
    2 - 7 reviews
    2 - 8 reviews
    1 - 10 reviews
    1 - 14 reviews
    1 - 21 reviews

3. Chickencountryuk

Chickencountryuk Free Flying

Jan 21, 2018
    North Notts, UK
    My Coop
  4. N F C

N F C booooo!

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I'll give it a go!

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

6. Thyme4Chickens

Thyme4Chickens Songster

Mar 21, 2018
    SE WI (zone 5)
    I was disoriented when I logged in an there was no coop project banner! :lol:

It was really helpful to me on the coop project to have the "general guidelines to a 5-star coop article".... What might be general guidelines to a 5-star article? Especially as I'm new to chickens and don't have the knowledge base to "fact check" a lot of stuff yet.

7. SavKel&RynKel

SavKel&RynKel Free Ranging

Mar 16, 2018
    Bay Area, California
    My Coop
    Haha, I conpletely agree. So far I've got: if it says exactly what the title identifies, and answers all my general questions then 4 stars. If they go above and beyond with that they get the 5th. If they provide any less information than I thought was deserved or encourage anything I feel is incorrect/unsafe then they lose a star for either (bringing down to two stars for lacking and poor information). Have yet to vote one star yet, so I'm not sure the criteria there.

Also, this is the learning center. You aren't supposed to be a professional reading these and critiquing, that's why Nifty asked for five of us on each. When a new person reads and votes on what they've learned, and a knowledgable person critiques the tiniest details, the balance that comes out will reflect an overall value of the article.
    Ryn.

8. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

These are proving to be more difficult for me because I am not sure what to rate when I find one that's well written but has several things that aren't correct.

9. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Read more

I am having the same problem.
    I have only rated a couple and the one I rated could be good if it didn't have bad info in it so I rated it a 2 and left a review asking the OP to update the errors. :oops:

This is hard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: