BYC Member Interview - ChickensAreSweet

I just love your idea of the Hawk shelters!! I think I will incorporate something similar in my chicken area.
smile.png

Your pictures are just fabulous! I can see your passion in your creations!

Thank you for sharing yourself here!!
smile.png
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Thanks to BYC and Jeanne for the interview!

Wow, you have intense predator pressure! 24 hours? Wow. Shocking. Your pallets are a great way to solve the problem. I use pallets, too, but for shade in the summer and to help the hens feel safe. My chickens hide from planes. Plus I place the waterers on the pallets to get them up out of the weeds, dirt, etc. Gotta love pallets.
LOL "My chickens hide from planes" that must be soooo cute! Thanks for the comments!

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing with us. Love the pictures. I have been toying with ideas for predator protection in my chicken yard and you gave me some great ideas. Thankyou for the interview and sharing.

Thank you for sharing with us. Love the pictures. I have been toying with ideas for predator protection in my chicken yard and you gave me some great ideas. Thankyou for the interview and sharing.
Thank you!

Lovely pictures, Jeanne - and I too like the hawk shelter, very creative.
Thank you very much!

Sorry I missed seeing this when it was first posted - what a wonderful interview, all the pictures are great (doesn't hurt that they all look like 'home' to me, I envy you being in the NW). Seeing you mention cooking (I too love to cook) - any favorite recipes you might share?

I also appreciated all the hawk hide places and seeing the different types!
Thanks!

Sorry I missed seeing this when it was first posted - what a wonderful interview, all the pictures are great (doesn't hurt that they all look like 'home' to me, I envy you being in the NW). Seeing you mention cooking (I too love to cook) - any favorite recipes you might share?
Thank you! I take it you are from the NW?

OK here is one recipe we use a lot:
Popovers
2 cups flour
2 cups milk
2 Tbsp oil
a few shakes of salt shaker
6 eggs

Mix with wooden spoon- try to mash the lumps out of batter as best you can, and then bake at 400 for 10 min, then 350 for 6 min. in muffin pans. Makes 24 muffins.

Cover with butter and jam on your plate. These deflate after removing from oven but taste great with butter.

My kids ask for these a lot.

Back
Top Bottom