BYC Member Interview - Nifty-Chicken

Hahaha... I don't maintain this figure eating rice cakes!

haha! Well, the dirt I sold, you probably wouldn't want... My dad was a plastering / stucco contractor. When I was really young (like 4 or 5) I saw that my dad had extra stucco after some of his jobs. There was one pile of it that had deteriorated and was like powder / dirt. I thought, "People pay daddy to put this stuff on their houses, so it must be valuable!" I took pages of an old yellowpages phonebook, folded them into little packets / envelopes, filled them with this stucco dirt, and taped it closed. I then went door-to-door trying to sell my packets of fancy dirt.

Thank goodness that our neighbors are good people... they willingly paid the $0.01 I was charging per bag in an effort to support my growing business.
big_smile.png
Ah, the days of solicitous neighbors! I remember some of those from my own childhood, though I was not the mini-entrepreneur that you were!

I remember it like yesterday when you entered the scene drawing a new outline for byc and truly wanting the members to color it in. Thank you for your vision, imagination and wisdom that's made BYC the number one chicken website worldwide. Love the family and pet pictures! I'll trade you a couple of my silkies for a jar or two of that plum jam! Great interview!
suebee

haha! Well, the dirt I sold, you probably wouldn't want... My dad was a plastering / stucco contractor. When I was really young (like 4 or 5) I saw that my dad had extra stucco after some of his jobs. There was one pile of it that had deteriorated and was like powder / dirt. I thought, "People pay daddy to put this stuff on their houses, so it must be valuable!" I took pages of an old yellowpages phonebook, folded them into little packets / envelopes, filled them with this stucco dirt, and taped it closed. I then went door-to-door trying to sell my packets of fancy dirt.

Thank goodness that our neighbors are good people... they willingly paid the $0.01 I was charging per bag in an effort to support my growing business.
big_smile.png
lau.gif

Thank you so much Rob (and your beautiful family) for making BYC a place we can come to share our stories, meet new friends, express our hopes and fears and to be better educated...you truly are a life saver and I know of no better place on earth to come for help when I need it for my flocks...

Thanks for agreeing to share your life with us as an amazing VIP...

Congratulations also to the wonderful Sumi for persuading you....!

p.s. I wish I had not looked at the spider...I am still shuddering....
ep.gif

thumbsup.gif
Honestly, I was surprised that you actually participate in the forums. Thank you for doing the interview.

And special thanks for bringing us BYC and the Dummies Books - I have them all
big_smile.png
. The books and this site were what I needed to go ahead with the "crazy" idea of getting my backyard chickens.

Back
Top Bottom