BYC Member Interview - SnapdragonQ

What an interesting life you have lived, and continue to live. I'm jealous of your artistic skills. Your quilts are amazing. Thank you for letting me learn more about you @SnapdragonQ . :)
If you can believe it, the talent is actually blood, sweat, and tears. Lot and lots of tears.
I was always jealous of people who could draw or paint because I could do neither. Still can't. I couldn't even color inside the lines...as an adult. :rolleyes:

Over the years I tried all kinds of artistic and crafty endeavors, usually sucking at most of them. Then about 10 years ago I forced myself to learn to sew properly (I failed that portion of home ec in school) and making quilts just spoke to me.
My first quilts were quite the eye sore, but they are warm and useful. The rest has just been practice, practice, practice.

If you can believe it, the talent is actually blood, sweat, and tears. Lot and lots of tears.
I was always jealous of people who could draw or paint because I could do neither. Still can't. I couldn't even color inside the lines...as an adult. :rolleyes:

Over the years I tried all kinds of artistic and crafty endeavors, usually sucking at most of them. Then about 10 years ago I forced myself to learn to sew properly (I failed that portion of home ec in school) and making quilts just spoke to me.
My first quilts were quite the eye sore, but they are warm and useful. The rest has just been practice, practice, practice.
I respect anyone who can put the work, and skill into sewing, especially quilting. I don't have the patience, nor the ability to be perfect. I got straight C's is high school sewing.

Art is subjective. Everyone does something different. There's no bad art in my opinion. Art in any form comes from a person's heart and soul, so no two artist will create the same. You are an artist in my opinion. :)

@Tre3hugger , @Callender Girl , @aart , @Overo Mare , @rjohns39 , @sourland , @Fuchsia @ronott1 , @casportpony , @Grammy60 , @Marie2020 , @Sally PB , @oldhenlikesdogs @JaeG , @MaryJanet , @bruceha2000 , @janiedoe , @LaFleche

Thank you everyone for your kind words! 🤗

@CluckNDoodle Thanks for laughing at me with me under the longarm with our paper bags. (where is the anxiety emoji anyway??)

@jolenesdad Thank you so much for posting your quilt AND making me blush with your generous praise!
1634482993784.gif

And thank you @N F C for nudging me to do this. The hand holding too.

Back
Top Bottom