BYC members in Massachusetts?

It's a gross sloppy mess out there. What looks like a coating of snow is actually a coating of sleet. There are icy puddles everywhere and there's nowhere for the water to drain. I've been using a boatload of pine shavings trying to sop up the wetness in the covered chicken run. It never really dried out from the blowing snow of the last blizzard. However, egg production is really going now and I need to find another customer. How are you doing @tigger19687?
Good Good, Hens are now out in the covered run area, it's dry but you never know with this melting how long that will last.
yes it looks like snow in my security cameras. SOO glad I called out of work today.
A friend in Worcester that still only has rain right now. It's balls of sleet here in Burlington ma

Hope every-ones basements stay dry !

There's about a half inch of sleet coating the chicken run roof and fortunately it's changed over to flurries. I'm way north of Worcester, a stones throw to the New Hampshire line. There's only a light coating on the trees right now. Just hoping we don't lose power.
I haven't checked this morning but the basement was still dry last night. Fingers crossed!

I think we got a full inch of sleet/freezing rain.
Here you can see my carport/street and inside Coop and Run area from my security cameras.
I don't wanna go back out there today 😶‍🌫️ I already scraped off the deck and there is another 1/2 inch on it again.
IMG_20220204_111457998[1].jpg

yes that is the coop temp (36º) and I know the humidity is high but nothing I can do this year.
The run dirt is not frozen and they are still able to dust bath in it- the one 1/2 sitting in the middle is doing just that right now lol

How is everyone doing in the Ice today ???
Add food coloring and sugar, I could make Slush Puppies all day. LOL Water flowing all day basically, kinda warm here in southern Mass. Had a tad bit of sleet around 2pm, but quickly turned to rain. My chickens are out and there are puddles everywhere that they are going through great lengths to avoid. Lol

it's not really cold here next to the CT border. Puddles and slush. That just about sums it up.
We have more slush on top of old slush. My girls love mud puddles but won’t stay out in this nasty weather. It got down to 27F so the giant puddles are also slush. I went out and scooped the slush off the walkways and away from the chicken doors and fence gate. A bit of a workout.

Back
Top Bottom