BYC members in Massachusetts?

Hello again, its been a while! I'm moving from Essex County to Billerica, MA and of course I'm bringing my five hens. Is anyone here from Billerica? How has your experience keeping chickens there been?
silly4buttons is in Billerica. I think the town now allows 12 hens?

I'm in the town next door. One day a Polish hen decided to take a field trip into Billerica. A man found her laying an egg under a bush next to his front door. A lady from animal control picked her up and drove around the area trying to find out where she may have come from. She did find us and returned her to her flockmates. She was really nice.

silly4buttons is in Billerica. I think the town now allows 12 hens?

I'm in the town next door. One day a Polish hen decided to take a field trip into Billerica. A man found her laying an egg under a bush next to his front door. A lady from animal control picked her up and drove around the area trying to find out where she may have come from. She did find us and returned her to her flockmates. She was really nice.

That's good to hear! I'm glad your polish made it back safe and sound. The legislation in Billerica seems pretty reasonable I just hope my new neighbors don't have any complaints. I don't have any roosters but there's sometimes a bit of a fuss over the egg boxes in the late morning/early afternoon.... the yards in the neighborhood are spaced pretty well so it should be fine but I'm a worrier :oops:

Is there anyone in the Seekonk/Swansea/Rehoboth area who had a good chicken vet? We’re in Barrington and I have a girl with bumblefoot...

Back
Top Bottom