BYC members in Massachusetts?

I'm here but more metrowest for now.

Anyone wanna swap something for a 5 gal pail full of cracked corn? My guys won't eat it much and I have 2 so I figure I could swap something for the other. If you want the pail, just know it isn't a great one, got it at Market basket.

BTW, I have this thread on the Watch List so I get an alert when someone posts on here.

Yes, we are here! I'm in eastern Mass and I have this thread set to an alert too, so I get a notification. Gotta make sure the locals are supported! Welcome! Have you had chickens long? I just got mine this spring .

tigger19687, thanks for the offer -- but I've got corn coming out my ears, too! Hopefully someone else nearby will chime in

Yes, we are here! I'm in eastern Mass and I have this thread set to an alert too, so I get a notification. Gotta make sure the locals are supported! Welcome! Have you had chickens long? I just got mine this spring .

tigger19687, thanks for the offer -- but I've got corn coming out my ears, too! Hopefully someone else nearby will chime in
I only have one right now, she showed up at my house during the summer and never left. She only about 6 months old and just started laying on Dec 6. Just about one every day, skips one here and there.

I only have one right now, she showed up at my house during the summer and never left. She only about 6 months old and just started laying on Dec 6. Just about one every day, skips one here and there.

Wow, a stray hen! You must have farms or something nearby. Have you thought about getting another chicken to keep her company? Do you know what kind she is?

You are , well She is , better off with a pal to huddle up with. Alone she may get too cold :( Find a friend for her or keep her inside for the Winter.
Sorry I have 4 and not looking to rehome ;)
There is a Homestead FB page that usually has some hens being rehomed.

Look for "Homesteaders of New England" on FB you just have to join, but the Mods are usually on so you can get on fast :) :) :)

Wow, a stray hen! You must have farms or something nearby. Have you thought about getting another chicken to keep her company? Do you know what kind she is?
Not a stray, a runaway, lol...read my new member story, just posted last night. Long story...her photo is to the left, a Rhode Island Red...a beauty.

You are , well She is , better off with a pal to huddle up with. Alone she may get too cold :( Find a friend for her or keep her inside for the Winter.
Sorry I have 4 and not looking to rehome ;)
There is a Homestead FB page that usually has some hens being rehomed.

Look for "Homesteaders of New England" on FB you just have to join, but the Mods are usually on so you can get on fast :) :) :)
As mentioned in my new member story ( posted last night), she stays in my garage, which is the first level of our home, it’s heated, so she’s not cold. I would like to get her a buddy or two but not until I have a secure coop for her to move into. Maybe spring.

Back
Top Bottom