BYC members in Massachusetts?

@Charlenesmom Saw this on the HONE FB site.
FREE CHICKENS! (Ashby, MA)

I have an assortment of 2 year old hens (x6, still laying) in a variety of breeds (australorps, barred rock, Easter eggers). And a few young Easter egger roosters (x3, little over a year).

All free to a good home or hot stew pot. Ideally you take them all.

Downsizing flock to focus on my brahmas.

Again, not knowing where you are, but you really should get 1 hen to be a buddy with yours they need to have a companion (dogs don't count)

Not a stray, a runaway, lol...read my new member story, just posted last night. Long story...her photo is to the left, a Rhode Island Red...a beauty.

Just read your story ... what a lovely tale about little Charlene! Sounds like you are doing everything right and she is very happy. I've also had lots of luck re-homing a beloved rooster on the FB page for Homesteaders of New England -- so if/when you decide to pick up another chicken, that is an excellent option. Best of luck to you and Charlene.

@Charlenesmom Saw this on the HONE FB site.
FREE CHICKENS! (Ashby, MA)

I have an assortment of 2 year old hens (x6, still laying) in a variety of breeds (australorps, barred rock, Easter eggers). And a few young Easter egger roosters (x3, little over a year).

All free to a good home or hot stew pot. Ideally you take them all.

Downsizing flock to focus on my brahmas.

Again, not knowing where you are, but you really should get 1 hen to be a buddy with yours they need to have a companion (dogs don't count)

Just read your story ... what a lovely tale about little Charlene! Sounds like you are doing everything right and she is very happy. I've also had lots of luck re-homing a beloved rooster on the FB page for Homesteaders of New England -- so if/when you decide to pick up another chicken, that is an excellent option. Best of luck to you and Charlene.
Will be adding 2-3 but need to build a coop first, a secure, warm coop. Can’t have more than 1 in the garage lol

Back
Top Bottom