BYC members in Massachusetts?

I wouldn't totally count on the chest bumping to determine the sex of a chicken @HappyClucker7. I have had a couple of hens that actually chest bumped a full grown Rhode Island Red rooster when they were young pullets. LOL! I hope to reintegrating my rooster with the hens soon @tigger19687 so I may be able to provide some barnyard mixed eggs. I have 3 BO hens that go broody for a little while but forget all about the eggs when I toss out a handful of scratch. I still have 2 RIR hens, 2 Br's and 3 Columbian Wyandottes. All big girls since my rooster is really big.

I wouldn't totally count on the chest bumping to determine the sex of a chicken @HappyClucker7. I have had a couple of hens that actually chest bumped a full grown Rhode Island Red rooster when they were young pullets. LOL!
I know chest bumping is not an accurate way to determine sex. I have a D'Uccle hen that tries to fight my EE rooster. 😂 But with these two, I'm 100% sure they're boys. There's no doubt about it. Everything about them screams cockerel to me.

I know chest bumping is not an accurate way to determine sex. I have a D'Uccle hen that tries to fight my EE rooster. 😂 But with these two, I'm 100% sure they're boys. There's no doubt about it. Everything about them screams cockerel to me.
I wouldn’t say EVERYTHING about them screams cockerel. At two weeks old, it is likely that they are cockerels but they could just be quick developing pullets.

Hey, Massachusetts BYC folks. I am looking for a quail enclosure for outdoors. I would be happy with a bunny hutch type thing, or a repurposed small chicken coop with attached run. anybody have such a thing they would sell me?

Looking for Naked Neck or Showgirl Silkie hatching eggs.

PM me with what you have and price. With such a busy schedule, delivery would be nice but I can pick up if it’s not too far.

I have two very sweet little cockerels that I need to rehome. I live in NY, but I'm not far from MA so I can drive them if necessary. They are 6 weeks old right now, and they are Easter Egger/Black Australorp mixes hatched from my own flock. Their parents are both very strong and healthy, and have super friendly personalities. Their mom is my favorite hen, and one of the last remaining of my original flock, so she's very important to me. I desperately wanted to hatch her eggs while she's still laying, but now I have these two boys that I unfortunately can't keep. I really want them to have nice homes though, so if anyone is interested, please pm me!

fullsizeoutput_30.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_32.jpeg

I’ve been free ranging daily for the past 7 years or so.

Not once have I shut them up for an entire day.
Nice. Until recently I did the same, just built my first run this winter because I was having a lot of predator issues. I decided to free range my chicks and goslings starting today because they've started feather picking despite being in average sized enclosures, and they've been burning through feed incredibly fast. 🧿

I have two very sweet little cockerels that I need to rehome. I live in NY, but I'm not far from MA so I can drive them if necessary. They are 6 weeks old right now, and they are Easter Egger/Black Australorp mixes hatched from my own flock. Their parents are both very strong and healthy, and have super friendly personalities. Their mom is my favorite hen, and one of the last remaining of my original flock, so she's very important to me. I desperately wanted to hatch her eggs while she's still laying, but now I have these two boys that I unfortunately can't keep. I really want them to have nice homes though, so if anyone is interested, please pm me!

fullsizeoutput_30.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_32.jpeg
Cannot take. Best wishes finding them a good home. They are very handsome boys.

Back
Top Bottom