BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
Quote:
Great! I get out to Spencer sometimes. Where is Klems? Near Rt. 9?

And, anyone here from the North Shore? I know I can't possibly be the only one.
smile.png
I'm in Salem, the Witch City.

Quote:
Great! I get out to Spencer sometimes. Where is Klems? Near Rt. 9?

And, anyone here from the North Shore? I know I can't possibly be the only one.
smile.png
I'm in Salem, the Witch City.

Yes, Klems is on rt 9 in Spencer. When you go inside the store and find the horse and chicken supplies, the d.e. is on the floor at the end of the isle. It can be easy to miss because they don't have more than a few bags out on display at one time

Anyone close to Eastern CT/Northern RI have a silkie chick available? I had only one hatch and she is breaking my heart...she's lonely. PM me if you have one that I could buy from you. Thank you.

lol.png
I'm in Woburn, MA with my city chickens!! I love them and thank goodness I have great neighbors that do too :) Sadly I cannot have roosters. I tried that once and since my city doesn't officially allow chickens, I had to give him away in fear I would be hassled by the authorities. I now have 3 hens :)

I go to the Waltham Agway for most of my supplies and other things I buy online. I just wish their hours were a little better. I work weekdays 9-5 when they are open but thank goodness they are open on Saturdays.

I had one casualty a month ago with a hawk killing and eating my favorite girl, Trixy. I was devastated but learned a very good lesson from it. We built a large predator proof enclosure right after that. I thought being in the city with neighbors all around I didn't have to fear about predators....but I was so wrong (expecially this time of year).

Hello everybody,

I saw this brochure on craigs list for agricultural seminars. There is an interesting one for new chicken people. Also one on manure and mud management and herding small animals. My chickens herd like sheep don't yours? They are being held in Dighton and Hadley. A little far from Martha's Vineyard for me. But I thought some of you may enjoy.

http://umass.edu/cdl/News/MassAggieBrochure2011.pdf

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom