BYC Now Available On TapaTalk - For Mobile Devices (iPhones, iPads, Tablets, Android, etc.)

Lots of phones work great without tapatalk. Some need it because they don't have everything they need to work forums fully and tapatalk bridges that gap. Some phones work better with opera also. They differences in phones right now is staggering and the upgrades from just a month or two ago on some phones are just nuts.

Think of it like what computer,operating system, browser and add on combination works best for you. Thousands of variations on that theme right now and most of it is trial and error.

Last edited:
Lots of phones work great without tapatalk. Some need it because they don't have everything they need to work forums fully and tapatalk bridges that gap. Some phones work better with opera also. They differences in phones right now is staggering and the upgrades from just a month or two ago on some phones are just nuts.

Think of it like what computer,operating system, browser and add on combination works best for you. Thousands of variations on that theme right now and most of it is trial and error.

The biggest issue I find is that people do not know how to set up user configurable options to get what they want out of their system. The new manuals on most mobile devices are really lacking so people end up frustrated.

It is still telling me to contact the forum administrator, I can still get on using the browser on my phone...it just takes a lot longer and not as easy to read/navigate as the old site was. I have even tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it...the other forums seem to work, just having problems with this one??

ok now tapatalk says its the byc site? MODS Please read this is the emails I have been sending back and forth because BYC said to get taptalk to view the byc and it still will not work. Last email from tapatalk is the first here. The forum is definitely using either a old plugin or the plugin installed isn't working correctly. this is what tapatalk said- Now what?

Hello,

No, you purchased to view forums. You can contact the administrator of the forum and ask them to do clean install of the plugin.

Thanks,
Julio

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM, AnnaMarie Ballard <[email protected]> wrote:
So basically I purchased this for no reason? How can it be fixed on my end?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 20:43:35
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re:

I've tested on various devices and it seems that:

1. The forum plugin is not displaying all the subforums under "Auctions" because it was setup that way
2. Unread does not give a grey screen for me, it shows a bunch of topics
3. Participated topics does not give a grey screen for me
4.If I subscribe to a forum, it shows the subscribed forum under subscribed forums
5. If I subscribe to a topic, it shows the subscribed topic under subscribed topics

The forum is definitely using either a old plugin or the plugin installed isn't working correctly.

Thanks,
Julio

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Julio Castilla <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:
Hello,

Could be that the forum needs to update their tapatalk forum plugin.

Thanks,
Julio

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:36 AM, AnnaMarie Ballard <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:

sorry, im new to he phone stuff and pc's- on my blackberry i downloaded the tapatalk and when I go to backyardchickens.com <http://backyardchickens.com> site I cnn not get on the auctions it wont let me I added backyardchickens.com <http://backyardchickens.com> to the favs. I click on it and opens but I can not access some of the stuff like auctions. I click on it and it gives me auction archives. If I click on the clock icon it gives my my chicken site log in so I log in. a screen pops up with enter forum, new topics, unread,participated topics,subscribed forumsubscribed topic,unfavor or pm. I can click enter forum and forum pops up but can not fully access it. I can not go to updated running auctions-if I click auctions I get archived auctions.new topics gives grey screen-unread gives grey screen-participated topic gives grey screen-subscribed forum saysno subscribed forum-subscribed topis grey screen-unfavorit or pm gives a thing that says would you like to fav this form.I press yes. So why grey screen and why cant I get auctions and stuff? Thanks!
Anna

----------------
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:32:15 -0500
Subject: Re:
To: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

Hello,

I'm not sure what you mean by "can not view pages" and "can not get full sites".

Thanks,
Julio

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM, AnnaMarie Ballard <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:

I am having a load of issues with the download. I can not veiw pages and can not get full sites. Can I reload tapatalk?

Anna​

I also noticed that the only buy~sell~ auction forum that is accessible through tapatalk is the archives forum. Mods - is this intentional, or is there a setting that be adjusted to allow access to the other buy~sell~ auction forums via tapatalk?

Other than this one limitation I have been quite pleased with using tapatalk for the BYC forums.

I also noticed that the only buy~sell~ auction forum that is accessible through tapatalk is the archives forum. Mods - is this intentional, or is there a setting that be adjusted to allow access to the other buy~sell~ auction forums via tapatalk?
Other than this one limitation I have been quite pleased with using tapatalk for the BYC forums.

We're sorry some of you are having problems with Tapatalk. As stated in the first post, Tapatalk isn't fully integrated into the forum right now. Some features (like PM's) do not work in Tapatalk.

We are in the process of a HUGE project to create a much better mobile version of the site that will not require a 3rd party application... which is tricky to fully integrate with.

We'll keep you posted!

Back
Top Bottom