Announcement BYC Official Polls: Existing - New - Brainstorming

Pics
What about 'What is the best breed of chicken'?
What best? What is best for you? for you’re best friend?, you’re nephew?, or for me?
So what is a best chicken? A friendly chicken, one that produces much eggs, one that doesnt get sick, has escape abilities, is good for quality meat or just a beautiful showgirls!? And do they have to be able to live in hot climates or survive cold temps.?

What best? What is best for you? for you’re best friend?, you’re nephew?, or for me?
So what is a best chicken? A friendly chicken, one that produces much eggs, one that doesnt get sick, has escape abilities, is good for quality meat or just a beautiful showgirls!? And do they have to be able to live in hot climates or survive cold temps.?
I get it that's a better idea.

How about :
Where do you’re chickens take a dust bath? Do the chickens have access to a dry spot to take a dusth bath when its rainy weather? Do you give/buy them a special type of sand or do you mix something in it? What is the location of their favourite spot?

Just a few ideas to choose from:
- they take baths on the sand/dirt floor in coop or run
- they take baths in a large pot or bowl with sand in a dry spot
- they make their own dust bath where-ever they like
- they always have acces to a dry area to take a dust bath
- they have no possibility to take a dust bath on rainy days
- they don’t / can’t take dust baths
- they make me mad digging holes in my garden

Show us their favourite spot with a picture. 🤩
Thank you @BDutch!

Peeps, please check out our new fun & exciting poll: Official BYC Poll: Where Do Your Chickens Dust Bath? :celebrate

Has this one ‘how did you extend you’re egg laying flock in the last 3 years?’ been asked before?
  • Incubating
  • Natural breeding
  • Buying newly hatched chicks/?
  • Buying chicks > 6 weeks
  • Buying hens POL
  • Getting older hens (rescues)
  • Not
Edit: I added a ? for other fowl

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom