BYC Page Editor Updated - Now Works All Browsers!

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
We've been hearing your feedback regarding the BYC Page Editor tool and have been working to make it better!

One of the biggest comments was from peeps that had a hard time editing pages in newer browsers. Well, in the testing we've done, the tool should now work in all the "top" browsers.

Please give it a try, especially those that had any problems before, and let us know how it works.

Hopefully all those masterful BYC pages that have been waiting for this day will finally be published!

woot.gif
celebrate.gif

Hi, could you be more specific? You can't center your pics using IE? What were you trying to do in Firefox, what steps were taken, did you get any errors?

If anybody has problems, please be as specific as possible. List your browser, version, steps before the problem and what did / didn't happen.

Still doesn't work with Google either.

Example: Won't center. Can't cut and paste. Spell check highlights misspelled words but offers no suggested corrections. Can't use links.
BTW, these latter three functions work just great on the forum just not on the BYC Pages.

I haven't tried adding images so don't know if it still doesn't do that.

That's very odd. All of the following have been tested and work fine using Google Chrome 5.0.375.99 and Mozilla Firefox 3.5.11 :

copy / paste text
centered the text
copy / paste an image
added an image via URL
centered the image
add text
hyperlink text to another page

Anybody else able / not able to do the above with Google Chrome?

Spell check function (squiggly red underline) is a browser feature related and not part of this application.

When you say "can't use links", what do you mean?

I have Firefox 3.6.8, and I was able to do my initial page just fine. Although I could not cut & paste, etc, I followed the instructions & was able to do everything I wanted to do.
Now, it is very buggy. I can not insert photos at all, and even writing text is inconsistent & quirky (one minute I can select & edit text, next minute I can't).
I think it might be related to the changes.
Thanks for trying, though. I love BYC, & "My Page"is just icing on the cake - but it was fun.

Thanks for the details. We'll run some more tests and see if we can figure out what's up!

Anybody else having problems? Please post the browser and the version and exactly what you can't do / are having problems with so we can try to duplicate and fix it.

Back
Top Bottom