BYC Performance Improvements

You can take the mini 'everywhere' as long as there is a keyboard, mouse and monitor 'everywhere'.

I would love Apple better if they didn't seem hit you for every little upgrade. I can't put Lion on the Intel box until I put Snow Leopard on it - $29. Then Mountain Lion is supposed to come out this summer. Local Apple store didn't know if it will be possible to go from SL to ML without first installing Lion (via download, how long does THAT take??) for ANOTHER $30. If you don't have the bandwidth,they'll sell you Lion on a thumb drive for an extra $39.

My in-laws bought my daughter a 13" macbook for graduation - went whole hog - full 8G memory and solid state storage instead of a drive. Sucker boots FAST :)

I suppose I could start an egg selling business with my 12 chicks and write off a new Mac as a business expense but that would be morally wrong since, by definition, an egg business with 12 chickens is a money losing proposition. I know, the 1% do it all the time to cut their taxes, but I cozy up with the 50%, not the 1%. They probably wouldn't even let me look at their house on Google Earth.

Yeah, but you can use any monitor, mouse and keyboard. We paid ZAR800 for a new mouse for ours and then used a cheap, rubbish keyboard after my son killed the mac's one.
I'll ask my DH about the upgrades. He knows way more about these things than me
smile.png
This is his 3rd Mac. See if you can find a newish secondhand Mac somewhere. With the recession everyone's selling things cheaper and then there's the Mac fanatics who goes and buys a new one every time a new model hits the shops.

Back
Top Bottom