BYC Public Relations PR Brainstorming - How to get the word out?

I just did an article about 2 weeks ago about owning chickens and the BYC for my local paper, which is actually quite a large paper.

The angle I gave to my editor was that especially with these economic times more people are getting back to the basics--growing their own veggies, getting fresh eggs, etc.

Call your local feed stores, ask them if they have seen an increase in interest in chickens, I asked mine one day.

I'm a journalist, I told the editor I could do it in the typical 3rd person perspective (meaning, nothing about me, just interviewing others) or talking about myself and to others. He liked the fact that I wrote it from a first person perspective.

If you create a press release, I would also include 1-2 really good and relevant news articles that have also been written about chickens lately. That way the editor has some background info and can see what he can do with his own article.

At the top of the press release, I would put a contact info for someone on BYC who could set up interviews with local people who own chickens.

Not sure what to say or do. I have outlaw chickens and run a very covert operation here. The last time i got caught by a county inspecter, i received a certified letter from a judge giving my 12 layers 15 days to get out of town. If i get caught again, i'll be a two time offender. I wonder if that would be a misdemeaner? They had just started laying pullet eggs when i got busted too!! It was a bummer!!! I love BYC but, am a leary about drawing attention to my 10 outlaw Buff Orpingtons, 6 weeks old today. Guess i'll have to just lay low. Good Luck,,, Woody

Back
Top Bottom