BYC sewers thread.

There are many variants. At my current workplace we are called sewists, in the theatre we are called stitchers. Seamstress, tailor... the list goes
yeah i have no idea which is correct, i just picked the one that came to me first, "sewers" that word doesn't sound to good does it. sewists? stichers? never heard either of those, i guess my favorite one is seamstress, but i don't really consider myself a seamstress, i consider myself as more like a "maker of ugly, weird, dresses" but if i started a thread called "BYC makers of ugly, weird, dresses" i wonder how many people would show up???

yeah i have no idea which is correct, i just picked the one that came to me first, "sewers" that word doesn't sound to good does it. sewists? stichers? never heard either of those, i guess my favorite one is seamstress, but i don't really consider myself a seamstress, i consider myself as more like a "maker of ugly, weird, dresses" but if i started a thread called "BYC makers of ugly, weird, dresses" i wonder how many people would show up???

:frow I would.

Yeah seamstress more of a professional term. Luckily the sewer that refers to people instead of waste transport is pronounced SOH-er, so it's not as easy to confuse the two when you hear them. Apparently sewist is catching on but isn't fully accepted yet. I like stitcher, myself.

I read as sewers as in the sewer systems :lau :lau :lau

So I used 2 layers of a light weight denim fabric for this one. It measures 8 inches long. 2 inches across at the top and 4 inches at the bottom. The wing area where it tapers down is 3.5 inches including where the straps are attached. The straps need to be at least 7 inches long and 1/2 to 1 inch wide. They were layered between the two pieces of fabric for the body. I went over the whole thing twice with the zigzag stitch on my sewing machine.
A91DF911-007B-42F6-A3E0-E410057436D4.jpeg
14525CF1-E561-4F30-A386-64FD0A668309.jpeg
This one is the rough draft and I had to add a bit of extra fabric at the end because it was too short at 6 inches. It’s held up well to over a month of use even if it looks a bit ragged. Let me know if anything need clarified. I’m not used to writing down patterns for this kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom