BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

I admit I am a slug.

I have not felt like sewing for the last few weeks. And it is not like I have things to make either. I am getting low on stuff for my Etsy shops, but just can't get the motor running.

Well I am finally able too come in for a bit after the heart surgery. I had 3 balloons and one stent put in. He tried too get another stent in but couldn't so he quit. Next option for me I think he said would have too be open heart surgery. Something got me down while in the hospital in my legs so home health is coming out 2-3 a day. They have gotten a hospital bed brought in today. I will try too come in as often as I can. DH had too move sewing machine and sewing to another room and now I don't know where nothing is. Can't sit and sew long anyway but I will in a few days I hope. Good too be back amongst some friends.

memaw,

hope you get well soon. I'm sure all of us will keep you in our prayers.

Writerofwords, congratulations to your sons promotion.

Anyone done with their Christmas shopping yet? Not me but I'm getting there........
wee.gif

I have a grandson in the navy, a grandson in basic training in the army and next April my granddaughter goes into basic for the army also. My son retired after 22 years in the army and he flew Black Hawk helicopters. My oldest son was in the Coast Guard for about 8 years. He passed away five years ago. I was married to a Marine so we have always been close to the military.

It's hard to shop for my family since my husband and I have nine living children between us and 34 grandchildren and two great grands. We don't see most of the grandchildren very often but we have to let them know we think of them. I have two young ones that live fairly close and I've already bought them gifts. The only crocheting I'm doing right now are the net scrubby's. I have a friend that wants a bunch of them and I have some I want to stick in with other gifts. I did crochet Christmas angels that have a bell under the skirt and a pearl for a head. I plan on putting them on presents with the bow but they're meant to be tree ornaments. I've been doing some quilting also.

here's the quilt I made for DD,I had it machine quilted with a deep red color in a heart ivy vine pattern
31900_dsc02215.jpg

31900_dsc02217.jpg

and the quilt for my GS, the quilting pattern is stars, the border is planets, stars in space, and the back is purple.
31900_dsc02219.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom