BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Arabookworm, Welcome to the group. Not to worry about being a beginner at sewing, we all have to learn at sometime. And any of the ladies and gents on here will be more than willing to give you tips or pointers. You can go to about.com and search there for quilting ideas. And I am sure that the others can recommend some other sites for easy quilt patterns as well. So go grab some of that free fabric!

If you can find a copy, get Quilting 101, it is a great book for teaching how to quilt.

Parson's Wife, hope the Rev. gets better quick, remind him he has a Sunday Sermon to prepare!
lau.gif
Tell him the Boss doesn't like slackers!
gig.gif

Hope you were able to find a simple star pattern for your ladies church group.

My poor dear Rev. has been food poisoned. (Nope, I didn't do it!)
We were taken out to eat yesterday, and well....we had different foods, and his apparently was bad. He is feeling some better, they gave him meds to stop the vomiting.

I think I might try to find that book for my church ladies...maybe make copies of certain pages...though I really think they will just learn as we go.

I'm really debating...I found another star pattern, I wonder if anyone has tried it? I would love to know what it looks like...it's called the Friendship star. Quite, quite simple...
fl.gif

But I really like the looks of the Cowboy Star and it's seems to be just a little more intricate.
I love ALL star patterns, pinwheels, logcabins...etc....
but some, I have no doubt, we would be unable to accomplish...or at least slowed down due to inexperience...and that's not a bad thing...I just don't want to burn them out on the first go around...
smile.png

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about the Rev.

Hope the meds work for him. Don't go to that place to eat again.
sickbyc.gif

I will try again tomorrow to post the pick of the the Cowboy Star quilt that I done for our neighbors.

I don't mean to offend anyone but Quilting for Dummies is a great book for beginners. I used it to teach a group of kids to make quilts one summer. Has all kinds of little tips that even us more seasoned quilters can use. I'm not a pro by no means. I like raggeded edge quilts the best because I get to hide all my mistakes!
lau.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
LOOK its got my name on it!
lau.gif

I'm so excited I just checked tracking on my fabric and its "OUT FOR DELIVERY!"
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
they'll only get here this afternoon but
ya.gif

I found some on that site that I really want to order, but I want to get to Jo-Annes (we have a warehouse store not too far away) and get what I can there then 'fill things out' with special stuff from the site... *sigh* I hate waiting!

Quote:
A Jo-Ann's warehouse store? How blessed can one be! Are the prices any better at the warehouse?

Not for their regular run fabrics but when when they have fabrics that just didn't sell well in their stores, and they might have extra bolts in the warehouse that never got shipped out, they put em on pretty good discount. Also, after holidays etc, I think they get returns from the regular retail stores too... so yeah, there's deals to be had.

Thing is, their quilting section (which always lures me in) is almost always regular prices.... *sigh*

Still shopping the discount counters can uncover good quality 100% cottons plenty of times.

[edit] Mostly, the best thing about it is a REALLY good selection of EVERYTHING! Including and especially the upholstery and drapery actually.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom