BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Thank you guys - I had the honor of having the little girl child fall asleep on my lap tonight.
big_smile.png

Wildsky, that bag is absolutely beautiful. All of you ladies are SO talented!

I wanted to post a quick note about my experience with fabric.com. I orded a beige fabric and barn red fabric to go with the rooster fabric I ordered from borntoquilt.com. I finally got the box from them today - and it was totally the WRONG fabric. It was a blue print with bunnies, and a pink print with bunnies. I immediately called them, and the woman I talked to was just wonderful. She pulled my order up and asked which fabric was wrong. I told her both - and described the fabric I got. She laughed and said "Well, that sounds pretty wrong. We'll get your order in the mail tomorrow. If you can use the bunny fabric, please do. If you can't please donate it to a good cause."

I am unhappy that I now have to wait on the fabric I ordered - I had hoped to start my quilt this weekend. But I am very pleased that the customer service was so friendly and accomodating. I even got an email about an hour later telling me my order had been processed and would be immediately shipped.

In these days of NO customer service, I thought I would share my experience with fabric.com

Penny

basic---It sounds like you were able to talk to one of the very few nice CS people left.

On the up side, you can now make a little bunny quilt
smile.png

Last edited:
I think you're right, Acre of Blessings. I was very unhappy when I opened the box, but receiving such nice customer service really did help. I expected a battle about it - and even to have to send the fabric back to them. I was prepared to insist they pay shipping and demand overnight shipment of the correct fabric. But a friendly voice on the other end immediately calmed me and she addressed my concerns in one sentence. Very nice!

Now to figure out how to turn the bunny fabric into a quilt! Or maybe even a couple of those nice purses Wildsky made for her daughter.......

Penny

Thanks going out to Sara and Acre for posting the step by step on the Rag Quilts!!

DD and I are starting a 'snuggle quilt' for my MIL. FIL passed away 2 years ago (this week in fact). MIL was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer in September. She gave us many of his western shirts and flannel shirts as well as several other clothing items.

It was always my intention to make as many snuggle quilts from his cloths made for the 2 children and 7 grandchildren as possible.

Hers needs to be done now, and this pattern will be perfect! I'm putting flannel pieces on the back and the others on the front. Any others that I make with this pattern, I'm thinking I may use old jeans. The jeans will make them heavier than I want for hers.

I have a feeling by the time I get them all done, I will have more clothing to add to the stock. I think they may be more meaningful with fabric from clothing worn by both of them.

At any rate, I mainly wanted to express my thanks for the how-to's!

Quote:
You are so very welcome browneyes, and I am sorry to hear the news about your MIL. I sure hopw you get all the quilts done at the right time. To bad you aren't closer to me, I sure would jump in and help.

Oh, thanks for the offer of a helping hand and the condolences, Acre! It was always my intention to do these right away, but I just haven't had the heart until now. And now I'm driven to finish hers.

No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

I miss hearing what you all are working on. Let's hear it gals. What's going on?

Sheila​

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I miss hearing what you all are working on. Let's hear it gals. What's going on?

Sheila

I'm working on quilt blocks, a denim quilt with moda backing, and trying to figure out a purse or two out of the jean tops I cut off.

Oh and making hats/caps etc.

Back
Top Bottom