BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Looks like the mods are not going to let us have anymore swaps as they took off the thread for a fall quilt block swap. They said there have been to many people not following threw with them so the mods get complaints.
hit.gif

I don't think that those of us who do follow through should be punished for those who don't. I personally have enjoyed the challenge of learning something new and I take responsibility for participating in a swap with the knowledge that some will not follow through. Are you sure the mods are never going to allow swaps? That would not be fair.
idunno.gif

Just sayin'!
duc.gif

I guess the best thing to do is to ask the mods what there take is on swaps ? Maybe we can do them in a better way to make everyone happy.

Last month I made 3 quilt blocks and got 1. The person dong the swap just had somone else send me a couple. IM not sure how they even knew I didn't get them ! I enjoy doing for others and IM not going to get my panties in a twist because someone doesn't follow thru.

Quote:
That is exactly how I feel. Wonder why the major heartburn? I think if someone doesn't follow through, THEY should be banned from future swaps but I like the monthly quilt block swap especially, is that closed down too?

Quote:
That is exactly how I feel. Wonder why the major heartburn? I think if someone doesn't follow through, THEY should be banned from future swaps but I like the monthly quilt block swap especially, is that closed down too?

idunno.gif

rant.gif

rant.gif

rant.gif

There are some issues arising from some of the swaps but those issues should not effect any of you.

The fall block swap was moved for the time being for several reasons. One of which is the fact that a minor cannot engage in a purchase/trade on the internet. Secondly, the quilt block swap was my baby and I asked Amy to take it over this last spring as I didn't know if I would be able to meet the obligation this spring. As I haven't had a chance to speak with Amy it is not fair to jump in and take it away from her with out consulting her and letting her know I am ready to step back in and take over the job.

Don't let rumors and heresay spread like wildfire when it is needless chatter and someone will end up hurt from the gossip. This is supposed to be fun and bringing people together to share and learn new things. So, let's try to have fun and remember if you have questions it is best to bring them to the the staff first.

That makes since about the Autumn Themed Swap, I should have thought of that, I remember that issue being the root of some serious problems about 2 years ago. It is frustrating too to not have folks follow through with swaps, in the crochet swap I just delete their names and move on but the Mascots...well that is a whole other level of frustration there..course that isnt the same exactly as making something and not getting something back.

I know how you feel too about being the "brith mother" of the quilt block swap, same as me with the crochet swap...I love to have another person run it but I cannot afford for it to not be run responsibly since I started it and want it to continue, that totally makes sense. Shame people wont follow through with something they voluntarily commit to.

Anyway..the main question I think we all have right now is whether or not the monthly block swap will be allowed to continue? If Acre is tired of the aggravation, I'm sure Leeps or Luna would handle it well and give her a break, probably several others too....just a thought...but this swap we all especially like
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom