BYC Spinning Fiber

Great. I don't think it has felted. I saw a few little balls, but not many. Is that a part that felted?

The little balls may be small felted pieces. Usually when I have something felt on me, it's a hunk of fiber that just won't come apart. But you'll know if it is felted if it you just can't pull it apart easily to fluff it.

Here's what I've got. Not too bad.

I took my washed fleece into the local knitting store, and they were very impressed with how clean it was.

I just took the spun fiber off the spindle, and now I just soaked it and it is hanging to dry. Now, should I do a 2 ply or leave it single?

Last edited:

Here's what I've got. Not too bad.

I took my washed fleece into the local knitting store, and they were very impressed with how clean it was.

I just took the spun fiber off the spindle, and now I just soaked it and it is hanging to dry. Now, should I do a 2 ply or leave it single?

Looks good. Depends on what you want to do with it. If you ply it, it will give you the practice of plying before you get some really expensive fiber that you want to ply.

So what kind of wheels do you all have? I started spinning in the eighties and have four wheels. I have three Ashfords....a Traditional, a Kiwi, an Elizabeth and a Majacraft Aura. I seem to use the Kiwi most often. I love soft fleece like ramboulett and merino....I.like bfl. I have a baby doll fleece I need to spin. Every so often I dye. And lately I've gotten addicted to buying dyed roving. I am a knitter, too.

So what kind of wheels do you all have? I started spinning in the eighties and have four wheels. I have three Ashfords....a Traditional, a Kiwi, an Elizabeth and a Majacraft Aura. I seem to use the Kiwi most often. I love soft fleece like ramboulett and merino....I.like bfl. I have a baby doll fleece I need to spin. Every so often I dye. And lately I've gotten addicted to buying dyed roving. I am a knitter, too.

Got our wheels used, so not really sure what they are. One looks to be likely an Ashford Traditional, the other is an upright wheel, have not looked to see if I can find a brand that looks similar.

Back
Top Bottom